Do medical schools look at all your previous transcripts?

Oct 22, 2009
Status
Pre-Medical
My gpa is in the hole. I want to transfer to a new college and start clean.. but I keep hearing mixed opinions on whether med schools check everything.. help.. I am in chaos..:(

DitchDoc73

5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]
My gpa is in the hole. I want to transfer to a new college and start clean.. but I keep hearing mixed opinions on whether med schools check everything.. help.. I am in chaos..:(
Yes they check everything, and you are required to send ALL transcripts from ALL schools that you attended. I even had to send transcripts from trade schools (no college credit given)!!!

Everglide

EM PGY3
10+ Year Member
Aug 7, 2006
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Yes they check everything, and you are required to send ALL transcripts from ALL schools that you attended. I even had to send transcripts from trade schools (no college credit given)!!!
+1

Not to mention, you have to enter all grades from all institutions attended to match those transcripts.

If you're looking to "start clean", AACOMAS does grade replacement.

BenUstudent

BenUAlumni
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2008
Chicago, IL
Status
Medical Student
So will classes from a C.C. Such as Architecture classes add into the cumGPA?
If they do, that would be:love:

Also the SciGPA is it only Calculating Gen Biol, Gen Chem, Orgo and Physics or does it Add every single science course from 100 to 300 level

DbDan

I like Bones
10+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2008
Michigan
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Also the SciGPA is it only Calculating Gen Biol, Gen Chem, Orgo and Physics or does it Add every single science course from 100 to 300 level
It includes any bio, chem, physics class at any level

DitchDoc73

5+ Year Member
Dec 2, 2009
Status
Resident [Any Field]

Yes ALL classes count into you cumGPA (including architecture)...Also all science classes (as long as they fall into the Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math categories (No math for AACOMAS)) count, regardless if they are 100 level or 500 level... Best of Luck!