Do medical schools look at all your previous transcripts?

Started by Absentia
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Absentia

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My gpa is in the hole. I want to transfer to a new college and start clean.. but I keep hearing mixed opinions on whether med schools check everything.. help.. I am in chaos..🙁
 
My gpa is in the hole. I want to transfer to a new college and start clean.. but I keep hearing mixed opinions on whether med schools check everything.. help.. I am in chaos..🙁

Yes they check everything, and you are required to send ALL transcripts from ALL schools that you attended. I even had to send transcripts from trade schools (no college credit given)!!!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yes they check everything, and you are required to send ALL transcripts from ALL schools that you attended. I even had to send transcripts from trade schools (no college credit given)!!!

+1

Not to mention, you have to enter all grades from all institutions attended to match those transcripts.


If you're looking to "start clean", AACOMAS does grade replacement.
 
So will classes from a C.C. Such as Architecture classes add into the cumGPA?
If they do, that would be😍

Also the SciGPA is it only Calculating Gen Biol, Gen Chem, Orgo and Physics or does it Add every single science course from 100 to 300 level
 
So will classes from a C.C. Such as Architecture classes add into the cumGPA?
If they do, that would be😍

Also the SciGPA is it only Calculating Gen Biol, Gen Chem, Orgo and Physics or does it Add every single science course from 100 to 300 level

It includes any bio, chem, physics class at any level
 
So will classes from a C.C. Such as Architecture classes add into the cumGPA?
If they do, that would be😍

Also the SciGPA is it only Calculating Gen Biol, Gen Chem, Orgo and Physics or does it Add every single science course from 100 to 300 level

Yes ALL classes count into you cumGPA (including architecture)...Also all science classes (as long as they fall into the Biology, Chemistry, Physics, and Math categories (No math for AACOMAS)) count, regardless if they are 100 level or 500 level... Best of Luck!