Do most of you do EC's and/or classes over the weekend? What do you do over the weekends?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krispykreem

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think the reason that I'm having trouble getting some good EC's done is the fact that over the weekend I spend time with family/friends, and maybe do a little bit of homework, but no EC's or classes. I try to smash all of my EC's and classes and part-time work during Mon-Fri.

Do most of you do EC's or take some sort of class over the weekends? What do you do over the weekends?

Members don't see this ad.

I think the reason that I'm having trouble getting some good EC's done is the fact that over the weekend I spend time with family/friends, and maybe do a little bit of homework, but no EC's or classes. I try to smash all of my EC's and classes and part-time work during Mon-Fri.

Do most of you do EC's or take some sort of class over the weekends? What do you do over the weekends?

I volunteer every other weekend for a few hours (just one day). Also volunteer at another place during the week for a few hours after work. You should be able to volunteer for a few hours per week and still spend time with people. I generally do early morning anyway, and not many people are doing much. I've never known anyone to take a class on the weekend... don't see why that would be necessary.

Last edited:
For me, most of my EC's are done throughout the week, usually after classes. On the weekends, I have one EC on Saturday and one EC on Sunday USUALLY. For some of the leadership stuff, they sometimes roll over into the weekend as well. Otherwise, weekends are for friends and homework.

Members don't see this ad :)
My time with friends was largely through study groups, with nearly zero social events. Any spare time including weekends, outside doing homework, went into mostly research, nonclinical volunteering, projects, and club stuff. No class during the weekends.

My weekends during undergrad were mostly spent on studying and just trying to unwind from the week a little bit. I didn't take any classes or anything.

I totally know what you mean, OP. With me flying across the country every weekend to visit my law student boyfriend, how am I supposed to find the time??