Do NYCOM AND UMDNJ favor in state students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anybody have the percentages for instate - out of state applications, interviewed...accepted..thanks

Members don't see this ad.

UMDNJ definitely does. I read in US News that they accept 0.6% of out of state applicants. Not sure about NYCOM.

J

when did you read about that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Remember those are just statistics and some are invalid. A student who goes to UMDNJ or any New Jersey State school is considered a resident of New Jersey, I believe the first few months of attending the school. They also receive in-state tuition which is about 10,000 dollars cheaper for UMDNJ-SOM students.

i read it on the current US News sight. the poster following my previous post has a good point about a good number of people attending become NJ residents their first semester. this may sway the percentage so definitely don't give up hope if you're out of state and waiting to hear.

i'm not sure how accurate US News is anyway.

i read it on the current US News sight. the poster following my previous post has a good point about a good number of people attending become NJ residents their first semester. this may sway the percentage so definitely don't give up hope if you're out of state and waiting to hear.

i'm not sure how accurate US News is anyway.

What if my parents are NJ residents but I am not? Do I have a chance there?

What if my parents are NJ residents but I am not? Do I have a chance there?

If your parents own a house in NJ and you are still a dependent under them, then yes you are considered in-state. Actually NJ is one of the best states to be a resident due to 3 medical schools that all have in state preference (RWJ, UMDNJ-MD, and UMDNJ-DO)

If your parents own a house in NJ and you are still a dependent under them, then yes you are considered in-state. Actually NJ is one of the best states to be a resident due to 3 medical schools that all have in state preference (RWJ, UMDNJ-MD, and UMDNJ-DO)

unfortunately, I have been independent for more than a decade and yes they do own a house there