• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

• How To ACE Your Medical School Interview

In this webinar hosted by SDN with experts from BeMo Academic Consulting, you will learn a simple five-step process to help you translate your interview invitation into an acceptance.

theDr.

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 23, 2002
Status (Visible)
Does anybody have the percentages for instate - out of state applications, interviewed...accepted..thanks

About the Ads

mrbob719

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 5, 2003
Status (Visible)
Remember those are just statistics and some are invalid. A student who goes to UMDNJ or any New Jersey State school is considered a resident of New Jersey, I believe the first few months of attending the school. They also receive in-state tuition which is about 10,000 dollars cheaper for UMDNJ-SOM students.

PTjay

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 28, 2001
west hartford, CT, USA
Status (Visible)
i read it on the current US News sight. the poster following my previous post has a good point about a good number of people attending become NJ residents their first semester. this may sway the percentage so definitely don't give up hope if you're out of state and waiting to hear.

i'm not sure how accurate US News is anyway.

zoner

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2009
Cloud 9
Status (Visible)
i read it on the current US News sight. the poster following my previous post has a good point about a good number of people attending become NJ residents their first semester. this may sway the percentage so definitely don't give up hope if you're out of state and waiting to hear.

i'm not sure how accurate US News is anyway.

What if my parents are NJ residents but I am not? Do I have a chance there?

Hemorrage

Ambrose
7+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2011
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
What if my parents are NJ residents but I am not? Do I have a chance there?

If your parents own a house in NJ and you are still a dependent under them, then yes you are considered in-state. Actually NJ is one of the best states to be a resident due to 3 medical schools that all have in state preference (RWJ, UMDNJ-MD, and UMDNJ-DO)

zoner

10+ Year Member
Apr 8, 2009
Cloud 9
Status (Visible)
If your parents own a house in NJ and you are still a dependent under them, then yes you are considered in-state. Actually NJ is one of the best states to be a resident due to 3 medical schools that all have in state preference (RWJ, UMDNJ-MD, and UMDNJ-DO)

unfortunately, I have been independent for more than a decade and yes they do own a house there

About the Ads
This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.