stylepower40
New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
absolutely. should have clarified that it wasnt really meant for OP but more for others reading who may be in a similar situation with previous charges. seemed like some people on here felt that previous charges would be detrimental so i just wanted to throw my situation out thereGlad it worked out for you since you were acting in self-defense. I think the huge thing here is that you got the charges dropped, and a lesser factor is that “simple battery”, as in a drunken bar fight where you defended yourself, does not have the same stigma as domestic violence (and heroin).
OP’s best chance is to get the DV charge dismissed. I do not have experience in law enforcement, but I am suspicious that a woman with hand sized bruises, as OP claims to have had, would be arrested and her male partner would not have been arrested, even if he had marks on him too. I can see both having to get arrested depending on state and local police department policy (from what I have been told by LEO’s, sorting out a DV scene is very tricky), but letting the guy off completely seems unlikely. Hopefully OP has photos from her arrest record and/or the scene that she can use in her defense in court. ***** situation all around 🙁