Do Pharmacy School students qualify for HPSP?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharm1013

Reaction score
I am finishing my undergrad and I'm applying to pharmacy school for fall of 2022 and i wanted to join the army as a pharmacist. I found out about HPSP and it mentioned pharmacists but do they fall in the category of a medical school that counts for this scholarship? thanks

Edit: since pharmacy school does not use MCAT, will they waive that if i can apply or do I still need to take it? the MCAT would not exactly benefit my application to pharmacy school

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I am finishing my undergrad and I'm applying to pharmacy school for fall of 2022 and i wanted to join the army as a pharmacist. I found out about HPSP and it mentioned pharmacists but do they fall in the category of a medical school that counts for this scholarship? thanks

Edit: since pharmacy school does not use MCAT, will they waive that if i can apply or do I still need to take it? the MCAT would not exactly benefit my application to pharmacy school

Nope, sorry. Army only takes direct hire pharmacists. This changed back around 2012/2013. You can compete for selection into AMEDD as a pharmacist once you've graduated and are fully licensed. Good luck, it's competitive as the last couple years they've only taken a few per year. Navy and Air Force are even more competitive. Only thing you can do is try to get student loan repayment once you've commissioned.

Last edited:
Direct link of information: here

CAREER STAGE:​

Prospective medical and dental students

PROFESSIONS COVERED:​

Medical/Osteopathy, Dental, Veterinarian, Qualifying Specialty Nurse, Counseling/Clinical Psychology, Optometry

SERVICE TYPE:​

Active Duty