Do Pharmacy School students qualify for HPSP?

Started by pharm1013
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

pharm1013

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am finishing my undergrad and I'm applying to pharmacy school for fall of 2022 and i wanted to join the army as a pharmacist. I found out about HPSP and it mentioned pharmacists but do they fall in the category of a medical school that counts for this scholarship? thanks

Edit: since pharmacy school does not use MCAT, will they waive that if i can apply or do I still need to take it? the MCAT would not exactly benefit my application to pharmacy school
 
Last edited:
I am finishing my undergrad and I'm applying to pharmacy school for fall of 2022 and i wanted to join the army as a pharmacist. I found out about HPSP and it mentioned pharmacists but do they fall in the category of a medical school that counts for this scholarship? thanks

Edit: since pharmacy school does not use MCAT, will they waive that if i can apply or do I still need to take it? the MCAT would not exactly benefit my application to pharmacy school

Nope, sorry. Army only takes direct hire pharmacists. This changed back around 2012/2013. You can compete for selection into AMEDD as a pharmacist once you've graduated and are fully licensed. Good luck, it's competitive as the last couple years they've only taken a few per year. Navy and Air Force are even more competitive. Only thing you can do is try to get student loan repayment once you've commissioned.
 
Last edited: