do protist have centrioles

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

IWantH2O

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
kaplan says yes but destroyer says that only animals do

Members don't see this ad.

why is it that an increase in H+ or CO2 will cause an increase in breathing rate and a high blood O2 partial pressure will decrease breathing rate

why is it that an increase in H+ or CO2 will cause an increase in breathing rate and a high blood O2 partial pressure will decrease breathing rate

To put it in simple terms. Your body loves oxygen. So if you have a high CO2 pressure in your blood your going to want to breathe in more O2.
If you already have enough O2 in your blood your body sees no reason in breathing in extra amounts of it.

That's about as simple as I can put it.

Members don't see this ad :)
To put it in simple terms. Your body loves oxygen. So if you have a high CO2 pressure in your blood your going to want to breathe in more O2.
If you already have enough O2 in your blood your body sees no reason in breathing in extra amounts of it.

That's about as simple as I can put it.
k but then were does H+ come in...

I remembered to read in the Campbell, " Protists are the most diverse of all eukaryotes". Also, in the eukaryotic flagellum, the basal body is structually identical to a centriole. I think when they used term "animal cell- yes centriole" is to compare to "plant cell"-no centriole. I would go with kaplan answer.
kaplan says yes but destroyer says that only animals do