1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

DO residencies?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by NRAI2001, Apr 14, 2004.

1. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

Are there any residencies that are limited to only DO grads, meaning that allopathic grads can't apply to them?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. haldane3

haldane3 Member
    7+ Year Member

All DO residencies are only open to DO grads because 1. only DOs can take the Comlex and 2. they would need to be approved by the AOA (I think) which is solely for DOs.

4. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

Is there any website listing the different types of DO only residencies?

5. haldane3

haldane3 Member
    7+ Year Member

All residency specialties are available for DOs in exclusive DO programs. Here's the AOA match website where some statistics and locations are available.

http://www.natmatch.com/aoairp/

6. NRAI2001

NRAI2001 3K Member
    10+ Year Member

coool thanks.

7. BACMEDIC

7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Quick question: I noticed that some hospitals have schools next to them, the hospital being the main rotating site for that school. Can someone from one school rotate into a hospital they're not associated with? For example, I'm will be going to LECOM, but would I be able to rotate at UCONN, a school which is associated with UNECOM? How does one go about doing this?

Thanks

8. haldane3

haldane3 Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, it does matter. Only LECOM students can rotate at LECOM sites. However, residencies affiliated with schools are not exclusive to those schools, i.e. OU-COM/Grandview hospital residencies are not just open to OU-COM students. There's a subtle difference. :thumbup:

9. Dr JPH

Dr JPH Membership Revoked
    Removed 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Each school has a different policy when it comes to rotations. For the most part you need to do your rotations within your own schools OPTI. But for electives, you can certainly rotate outside this system.

If you are a subscriber to DO-Online (which you all can be once you start DO school...its free) you can view more information about osteopathic residencies.

JP

10. (nicedream)

(nicedream) Fitter Happier
    7+ Year Member

That site only lists internships. And DO residencies are not available for all specialties ie. no path, uro...
    This site is a full listing of DO internships and residencies: http://do-online.osteotech.org/pdf/sir_opplist.pdf
    This site is a search engine for DO internships and residencies: http://opportunities.aoa-net.org/cfm/OpSearch.cfm

Those sites are awesome.

11. Insight

Insight Member
    5+ Year Member