DO schools and MCAT superscoring

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soroe

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am planning to be a DO applicant this cycle. I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows which schools are known to take your best overall MCAT score vs. most recent? Are there any resources on this? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I know when I was going through school websites when making my list some schools state if they look at the superstore, highest score, or most recent score. I am applying MD and DO this cycle.

I am planning to be a DO applicant this cycle. I was wondering if anyone on this forum knows which schools are known to do superscoring vs. taking your best overall score vs. most recent? Are there any resources on this? Thanks.
I'm almost 90% sure there are no schools that superscore, but someone can prove me wrong I'm sure.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm almost 90% sure there are no schools that superscore, but someone can prove me wrong I'm sure.

I don't remember which school it was but when I was doing research I have found one. I think it was an MD school. From what I remember most schools I looked at take your most recent score

I don't remember which school it was but when I was doing research I have found one. I think it was an MD school. From what I remember most schools I looked at take your most recent score

Most schools average in some way, usually weighting the most recent score the highest. A handful of schools “superscore”, but this is exceedingly rare.

Some will look at all the school and expect and upward trend of the numbers. Going lower than the last score is not a good sign.