do schools keep record of correspondence?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sillydoc2230

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I have a somewhat silly question. When an applicant emails the admissions office of a medical school, do they keep a record of that correspondence in his or her file? If they do, would they look down upon it if you email too much asking questions or would they see it favorably as a deep interest? I ask because I am one of those OCD pre-meds who just feels like she has been emailing admissions offices nonstop due to tech glitches with secondaries and the like. Any insight is much appreciated.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

So, I have a somewhat silly question. When an applicant emails the admissions office of a medical school, do they keep a record of that correspondence in his or her file? If they do, would they look down upon it if you email too much asking questions or would they see it favorably as a deep interest? I ask because I am one of those OCD pre-meds who just feels like she has been emailing admissions offices nonstop due to tech glitches with secondaries and the like. Any insight is much appreciated.

I don't know if they keep records or not but since schools often have 3000+ applications, it's hard to really remember someone without trying to stick your life story in an e-mail (DO NOT DO THIS).

Anyway, just ask questions if you really need to. Unless you've got "connections", the only thing you're going to get is answers pre-interview. After you're interview, it's a completely different game, just don;t call them every single day but do show interest.

Some schools put all letters and hard copies of substantive emails into your file. Thus it is frowned upon to get too carried away with this. Ask what you need to, but don't make yourself a nuisance.