Do the pre-reqs need be completed before applying?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

biomed1010

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So do they need to be completed before I apply?

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, no they just need to be completed before matriculation. However, a friend of mine had to show proof of enrollement in a pre-req (Spring Organic Chem II) before being considered at her instate school. I will also be applying without completing a lab and my advisor told me to make sure I complete it by fall semester at the latest if I want to apply this summer.

Members don't see this ad :)
As far as I know, no they just need to be completed before matriculation. However, a friend of mine had to show proof of enrollement in a pre-req (Spring Organic Chem II) before being considered at her instate school. I will also be applying without completing a lab and my advisor told me to make sure I complete it by fall semester at the latest if I want to apply this summer.

You could take it in the spring and be fine. Even in the summer. I'm taking my biochem requirement right now.

No, but the schools will require a copy of your transcript from your college stating you are taking the pre-req class within the next semester.

no, but I guess they would want their applicants to be done with their prerequisites before applying.