You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do the schools know?
Started by husky10501
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Hey guys,
Do the schools know how many you're currently applying to or which ones you're applying to? I've heard a lot of different answers.
nope. at this point in time the schools only know what you tell them about other schools.
No, they do not know
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
isnt there a date when the schools find out what other schools you applied/accepted to?
Yes (to acceptances, not applied). I think it's in march.
I thought it was May 15th.
I've also heard March, but that is only from others on SDN
.I thought it was May 15th.
No - may 15 is when you have to only be holding one acceptance. So obviously the one school you have kept knows where your acceptance is. March is when schools know where else you are accepted. I believe.
No - may 15 is when you have to only be holding one acceptance. So obviously the one school you have kept knows where your acceptance is. March is when schools know where else you are accepted. I believe.
I thought May 15 was the day you can only hold one acceptance because your acceptances are released to the other schools, so they would find out. 😕
I was told by the director of admissions at a medical school that it went like this:
When you apply, they don't know where else you are applying to, or have been accepted to.
Once that school accepts you, and only once they accept you they get access to the list of other schools that you have been ACCEPTED to. I think this helps them in deciding scholarship information or something.
I dont think they ever get to see where else you applied.
but then, I could be totally wrong. SDN is all hearsay, haha
When you apply, they don't know where else you are applying to, or have been accepted to.
Once that school accepts you, and only once they accept you they get access to the list of other schools that you have been ACCEPTED to. I think this helps them in deciding scholarship information or something.
I dont think they ever get to see where else you applied.
but then, I could be totally wrong. SDN is all hearsay, haha
I thought May 15 was the day you can only hold one acceptance because your acceptances are released to the other schools, so they would find out. 😕
Um no.
When I interviewed at Cincy the admissions guy said that schools see a list of all the schools you have been accepted to (not applied to) on march 15th. You have to decide on one by May 15th (excluding waitlist schools).
On a similar note, do schools know if you have applied to both MD and DO schools? I'm just curious, and obviously if asked at an interview if I had applied to both, I would tell the truth.
I'd guess it is through AMCAS so probably only MD. Just a guess.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 4
- Views
- 754