DO waitlist support thread 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsapphire

Office of the medical examiner.
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
This looks like a good time to make a WL support thread for anybody who got WL'd at an DO school.
Drop when you got WL'd, when you interviewed, how many WL's you're on , any info you want to, really.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
.......I guess I'll go first.
I interviewed at NYIT COM mid-Jan, and got WL'd last month. That and my state schools were the only places I interviewed at.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all. I’m a first time applicant, IN resident. I had one interview at Midwestern -CCOM. I interviewed in February and was WL in March. I had a CCOM alum that sent a letter of recommendation and I sent a letter of intent. I’ve heard CCOM waitlist movement begins early June, but also unsure the validity of that information. Really praying everything pulls through.

Anyone have tips on how to stay sane while waiting for a response? I’ve found myself really anxious about it(COVID lockdown is certainly not helping). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Hi all. I had three interviews - 2 WL and 1 A. Thankful for the acceptance, but hoping for some WL movement soon! Hoping we all get some good news in the near future :)

4 wls lol. acom, lecom b, chsu, and touro middletown

1 waitlist - RVUCOM CO back in November. Accepted to another school though.

Reactions: 1 users
1 waitlist - Western back in February, crossing my fingers :(

Touro Middletown, interviewed 01/27
Touro NV, interviewed 04/27
No acceptances yet. Is there a typical time WL movement begins and peaks for DO schools in the cycle? My LizzyM is 62 and I’m ORM.

Touro Middletown, interviewed 01/27
Touro NV, interviewed 04/27
No acceptances yet. Is there a typical time WL movement begins and peaks for DO schools in the cycle? My LizzyM is 62 and I’m ORM.
Generally after may 15th, that's the aacomas traffic rules date

Members don't see this ad :)
I forgot to ask earlier, how's waitlist movement looking?
I think there’s been little movement so far at a few schools like DMU and CCOM (there must be others too). Otherwise most schools are wrapping up their last round of their interviews this week and like you said traffic day is on Friday so I suspect we’ll see more movement starting in the next few weeks! The next couple of months are going to be nerve wrecking, haha.

Reactions: 3 users
I think there’s been little movement so far at a few schools like DMU and CCOM (there must be others too). Otherwise most schools are wrapping up their last round of their interviews this week and like you said traffic day is on Friday so I suspect we’ll see more movement starting in the next few weeks! The next couple of months are going to be nerve wrecking, haha.
Hate the fact that traffic day is on a Friday this year, we have to wait an extra 2 days

Hate the fact that traffic day is on a Friday this year, we have to wait an extra 2 days
Yeah it’s silly, why not just make it on a Monday? I’m also curious know if most other applicants are aware that there even is deadline for DO traffic day. I mentioned it in a school specific thread and some people who have been holding multiple acceptances weren’t aware until I said something :unsure:

Lecom b, chsu, Touro all have movement

Edit: Touro ny Middletown

Yeah it’s silly, why not just make it on a Monday? I’m also curious know if most other applicants are aware that there even is deadline for DO traffic day. I mentioned it in a school specific thread and some people who have been holding multiple acceptances weren’t aware until I said something :unsure:
I think it would be people on waitlists or those with A's but on waitlists for their top choice know about it.

Schools most likely inform those that are holding more than one deposit to narrow it down to one today.
And the waitlisted will get pulled throughout next week.

Reactions: 4 users
Anyone else looking at class of 2024 FB groups and seeing if the number of members changes? Feel like I'm going crazy with the waiting game haha
Does the Facebook group number also include the moderators and admins too?

No, probably current MS1s helping out the the incoming class
So that Facebook group number does not reflect the moderators and admins as being also part of that Facebook group? I thought it did?

Thank god this was made. I tried scoping through the other one and I was like "uugh, can't relate because I had zero MD interviews"

Reactions: 3 users
Anyways,
Interviewed LECOM-E October- WL
PNWU November-WL
Burrell April 30th-WL

Got a notification from PNWU on May 5th I was ranked in top 30 but it seems that there was already a top 30 and they exhausted that list before April 30th(which has never happened) and I'm in the NEW top 30. Ugh

Burrell's is ranked but they won't tell you how you're ranked.

I have little hope for LECOM

FB pages do not reflect the incoming class accurately (in my opinion) Someone I interviewed with who got accepted right off added me to one of the group's class pages, even though I told them I was still waitlisted. They also are going to attend a different school altogether. The page itself had a LOT of 3rd years hoping to get someone to take over their leases.

Hi all. I’m a first time applicant, IN resident. I had one interview at Midwestern -CCOM. I interviewed in February and was WL in March. I had a CCOM alum that sent a letter of recommendation and I sent a letter of intent. I’ve heard CCOM waitlist movement begins early June, but also unsure the validity of that information. Really praying everything pulls through.

Anyone have tips on how to stay sane while waiting for a response? I’ve found myself really anxious about it(COVID lockdown is certainly not helping). Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
I feel you on this, I interviewed and was waitlisted at my SMP school in October. I maintained some calmness up until now by telling myself that WL movement doesn’t typically happen until May but now we’re here. The pandemic which makes my anxiety worse too tbh because I have way more free time since being laid off but I’ve been taking this time to just chill tf out and read books, hang with friends via virtual happy hours, play video games, and started learning ASL just to try something new and keep my brain active lol

edit: I did my SMP at MWU but in AZ and for what it’s worth, I’ve heard that CCOM has a lot of WL movement throughout the summer. Hope isn’t lost!

Last edited:
Best of luck everyone! Hopefully there is some movement this week!

Reactions: 5 users
Looking at the other waitlist thread, ICOM has started calling people from their waitlist this morning!

My new hobby might just be creeping on all DO school specific threads :lol:

• Haha
See that on any other schools?
I was actually joking about the new hobby but if there’s interest then I don’t mind scoping out and compiling a list of movement so far. Updates to follow.

I was actually joking about the new hobby but if there’s interest then I don’t mind scoping out and compiling a list of movement so far. Updates to follow.
Would totally be down for that!

Would totally be down for that!
Working on it now! Will try to post by the end of the day to keep it accurate as I'm *hoping* there will be more movement throughout the day.

Welp, here we go. I tried to find when users reported initial movement, the last reported WL acceptance, and how people are being notified. Some threads for branch campuses are not very active so you might have better luck on main campus threads but some of those are also overwhelming with activity. I’m apologizing in advance if some information is not accurate, I tried my best. Also going to reiterate that APS stands for “accepted pending seat”. The meaning of that status depends on the school. For some it’s more like a high priority waitlist or it might include deferral for the next class, for other schools it’s the standard alternate/waitlist. You would know more about that than me if you've applied to that school.

Schools are listed in order found on AACOM, except branch campuses which are all grouped together. Also included TMDSAS DO schools because even though Texas thinks they're special, they're still one of us :p

Will try to do daily updates, if not then updates will be made weekly.

ACOM: Last reported movement on 6/22, notified by phone call.

AZCOM: Movement first reported on 5/19. Last reported movement on 6/29.

ARCOM: MSB students were reportedly accepted from WL the first week of May. Last WL acceptance reported 7/10.

ATSU KCOM: Lots of “accepted pending a seat reported” which is apparently different from a WL? No actual movement reported from what I can tell.

ATSU SOMA: Same deal with the “acceptance pending seats”, full acceptance from that list first reportedly offered on 3/9. Last movement from deferred list reported on 7/6.

BCOM: First WL movement reported 4/2. Last reported movement on 7/9.

CHSU-COM (Cali Health Sciences): Last reported movement 7/10.

CUSOM (Campbell): First WL acceptance reported 5/13, notified by email. Last reported movement on 6/5.

CCOM: First reported movement on 5/5, last WL acceptance reported 6/26.

DMU-COM: WL acceptance reported on 6/26. User reports they were in 2nd quartile. Last WL acceptance reported 7/20.

ICOM: First WL acceptance reported 5/13, but movement possibly started in the first week of May. Last reported movement was 6/5.

KCU Kansas City: Acceptances from WL reported on 5/26 for KC campus. Last acceptance reported for Joplin on 7/13.

LECOM: Jfc how many branches do they have?! Really sorry if I’ve missed information here but it’s difficult to decipher because it seems that applicants post on the Bradenton thread the most instead of separate branch campus threads. Movement may have started as early as April. Also there are apparently two lists, an alternate list and a waitlist. According to a user who emailed admissions, the waitlist is shorter and typically they pull from this list first although it’s not unusual from them to also pull from the alternate list as well.
  1. Elmira WL movement was reported 5/7.
  2. Seton Hill WL acceptance reported on 5/6.
  3. Bradenton last reported on 5/12.
  4. Erie movement reported on 6/26
LUCOM: First report of WL acceptance on 5/29 from HPWL.

LMU-DCOM: First WL acceptance reported on 5/4, notified by phone call for Knoxville campus. Last reported WL acceptance for Knoxville campus on 6/8. Acceptance 6/12 for Harrogate campus. They are apparently still extending interview invites as of July 7/6. Last acceptance reported 7/6, did not specify which campus.

MU-COM (Marian): SDN user reported that a friend (not on SDN) was accepted off of WL on 5/1, notified by phone call. Other SDN users reported WL acceptance on 5/2. They have an adcom member on the thread who said that their last deposit for accepted students was on 5/16+5/17. They said they would be pulling from the alternate list on 5/18 to fill any remaining spots and then offers would be made throughout the summer as people withdraw. No movement was reported on SDN on 5/18. Last movement reported on 6/30.

MSUCOM (Michigan): First WL acceptance reported as early as 4/3, notified by phone call. Last WL acceptance reported 5/15. Apparently their app cycle for 2019-2020 has ended as users on WL reported they were sent an email on 6/2 stating admission could not be offered.

NYITCOM: Acceptances on 6/26 for both JB and OW campuses.

NSU-KPCOM: Multiple campuses so information is a bit overwhelming. Last reported movement on 7/6 for Tampa. Last reported movement on 7/13 for Davie(Fort Lauderdale) campus. No movement for Clearwater campus reported on their thread, this might be found on other branch threads though. Multiple (5) users reported receiving II’s on 6/5, two reported that they had been officially rejected pre-II earlier in the cycle but still received an II on this day. Last movement reported on 7/13.

OU-HCOM (Ohio): Last reported WL acceptance on 5/14 for Dublin campus, notified by phone call. Acceptance for Athens campus on 6/26, notified by phone call.

OSU-COM (Oklahoma): WL acceptance first reported on 4/1, last reported movement on 7/19. Good movement for both campuses it seems (Tulsa and Talequah)

PNWU-COM: WL movement first reported 5/1, last acceptance reported 7/3.

PCOM-Georgia: WL acceptance first reported 3/5, last movement reported 5/7, some were notified through postal mail but this may have been switched to email due to COVID-19. Acceptance on 7/16, notified by email.

PCOM-South Georgia: SDN user reports they were accepted from WL on 5/28.

PCOM-PA: Last acceptance from WL reported 6/30. This school has their own waitlist thread going as well.

Rocky Vista – Colorado: Full acceptance from “accepted pending seat” (APS) status reported 5/7. Last reported movement 5/21.

Rocky Vista – Utah: First movement from APS list reported 6/7, user said they were accepted the week prior (6/1).

RowanSOM: This school apparently starts movement in April and first WL movement for high priority WL reported on 4/9, notified by phone call. They are reportedly halfway down the high priority WL as of 5/20. Last acceptance from WL reported on 7/6.

Sam Houston (SHSC-COM): Last reported movement 6/4.

TCOM (UNTHSC) – WL acceptance first reported on 3/16, last reported on 5/16. SDN users report being offered deferred acceptance for next year’s class.

Touro – Harlem, NY: First WL acceptance reported on May 10th, user notified by email. Multiple SDN users accepted on 5/26. Last reported acceptance on 6/30.

Touro – Middletown, NY: First WL acceptance reported on 5/7. WL acceptances last reported on 5/15

Touro – Henderson, NV: Last movement reported 7/7.

Touro – Vallejo, CA: SDN user reports WL starts to move after interview cycle ends in late May/early June. First movement reported on 6/7. Last movement reported on 7/9.

UIWSOM: WL acceptance last reported 6/18.

UNECOM: WL acceptance reported on 5/26, notified by email. UNECOM has completed their cycle for the 2019-2020 app cycle, letters were sent out stating that their class was officially filled. I believe their term started on July 1st.

UP-KYCOM (Pikeville): First WL acceptance reported 6/1. Post II acceptances on 6/5, don’t think they were waitlisted prior. Apparently still sending out interviews as of 6/4. Last WL acceptance reported 7/13.

VCOM- Auburn: First WL acceptance reported 1/15. Last movement reported 6/12.

VCOM-Louisiana: WL acceptance first reported on 4/30, last reported on 7/6.

VCOM-Virginia: No movement reported. May be reported on other VCOM branch specific sites though, there’s too many and applicants are all cross-posting information.

VCOM- Carolinas: Movement reported on 6/10.

WVSOM: SDN user reports WL movement from someone else on other social media on 5/15. SDN user reports first WL acceptance on 6/2.

Western-Lebanon: Apparently has two different waitlists for APS and standard waitlist, last reported movement was on 6/8.

Western-Pomona: I believe they overfilled their class this year and offered “deferred admission” for the next year. There is also a WL. SDN user reported acceptance from deferred list on 6/10.

WCUCOM: Last reported WL acceptance 7/15. They are apparently still interviewing as a user reported receiving an interview invite on 6/27.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 18 users
Welp, here we go. I tried to find when users reported initial movement, the last reported WL acceptance, and how people are being notified. Some threads for branch campuses are not very active so you might have better luck on main campus threads but some of those are also overwhelming with activity. I’m apologizing in advance if some information is not accurate, I tried my best. Also going to reiterate that APS stands for “accepted pending seat”. The meaning of that status depends on the school. For some it’s more like a high priority waitlist or it might include deferral for the next class, for other schools it’s the standard alternate/waitlist. You would know more about that than me if you've applied to that school.

Schools are listed in order found on AACOM, except branch campuses which are all grouped together. Also included TMDSAS DO schools because even though Texas thinks they're special, they're still one of us :p

ACOM: Last reported movement on 4/1, no movement reported since.

AZCOM: No movement reported.

ARCOM: MSB students reportedly accepted from WL the first week of May. Another SDN user reported that a friend (not on SDN) was accepted off of WL same week. No further movement reported although SDN user did report today that they called the office and was told WL has started moving.

ATSU KCOM: Lots of “accepted pending a seat reported” which is apparently different from a WL? No actual movement reported from what I can tell.

ATSU SOMA: Same deal with the “acceptance pending seats”, full acceptance from that list first reportedly offered on 3/9. Last movement reported today. No actual movement from WL reported. Confused tbh, so if someone has experience with these two schools then please enlighten me so that I can update this to reflect accurate information.

BCOM: First WL movement reported 4/2. Last reported movement on 5/11, notified by phone call then email.

CHSU-COM (Cali Health Sciences): Last reported movement 5/11.

CUSOM (Campbell): First WL acceptance reported 5/13, notified by email, no updates since.

CCOM: First reported movement on 5/5, no movement reported since then.

DMU-COM: Last WL acceptance reported on 5/15, notified by email then phone call shortly after.

ICOM: First WL acceptance reported 5/13, but movement possibly started in the first week of May. Last reported movement was today (5/15).

KCU Kansas City: SDN user reported “they were told some people getting pulled off WL” on 5/8. Another SDN user reported acceptance from WL today. Idk which branch. there’s 76 pages in the thread so have at it lol.

LECOM: Jfc how many branches do they have?! Difficult to decipher because it seems that applicants post on main branch thread the most instead of separate branch campus threads. Movement may have started as early as April.
LUCOM: No WL movement reported

LMU-DCOM: First WL acceptance reported on 5/4, notified by phone call for Knoxville campus. Reported WL acceptance today (5/18), notified by phone call also for Knoxville campus.

MU-COM (Marian): SDN user reported that a friend (not on SDN) was accepted off of WL on 5/1, notified by phone call. Other SDN users reported WL acceptance on 5/2.

MSUCOM (Michigan): First WL acceptance reported as early as 4/3, notified by phone call. Last WL acceptance reported 5/15.

NYITCOM: Last reported movement happened first week of May for OW campus. No movement reported for JB campus yet.

NSU-KPCOM: Multiple campuses so information is a bit overwhelming. Last reported movement on 3/30 for Tampa. Last reported movement on 3/20 for Davie(Fort Lauderdale) campus. No movement for Clearwater campus reported on their thread, this might be found on other branch threads though.

OU-HCOM (Ohio): Last reported WL acceptance on 5/14 for Dublin campus, notified by phone call. Acceptance for Athens campus on 5/13.

OSU-COM (Oklahoma): WL acceptance first reported on 4/1, last reported movement on 5/3. Good movement for both campuses it seems (Tulsa and Talequah)

PNWU-COM: WL movement first reported 5/1, no updates since.

PCOM-Georgia: WL acceptance first reported 3/5, last movement reported 5/7, some were notified through postal mail but this may have been switched to email due to COVID-19.

PCOM-South Georgia: No reported movement yet but SDN user reports more movement happened in June/July last cycle.

PCOM-PA: No movement reported yet, they also have their own waitlist thread going.

Rocky Vista – Colorado: Full acceptance from “accepted pending seat” (APS) status reported 5/7. Two people pulled off APS. list today.

Rocky Vista – Utah: Has “accepted pending seat” statuses but no WL movement reported.

RowanSOM: This school apparently starts movement in April and first WL movement for high priority WL reported on 4/9, notified by phone call. Last WL reported was 5/14.

Sam Houston (SHSC-COM): Last reported movement today (5/15).

TCOM (UNTHSC) – WL acceptance first reported on 3/16, last reported on 5/16.

Touro – Harlem, NY: First WL acceptance reported on May 10th, user notified by email. Another person was notified today (5/18).

Touro – Middletown, NY: First WL acceptance reported on 5/7. WL acceptances last reported on 5/15

Touro – Henderson, NV: Last movement reported 4/24. I believe they are still conducting interviews this week so makes sense that there’s not much movement yet.

Touro – Vallejo, CA: No movement reported. SDN user reports WL starts to move after interview cycle ends in late May/early June.

UIWSOM: WL acceptance last reported today, other WL acceptance on 5/15 was notified by phone call.

UNECOM: WL acceptance last reported on 4/28, no updates since

UP-KYCOM (Pikeville): No WL movement reported

VCOM- Auburn: First WL acceptance reported 1/15. Last movement reported 4/17.

VCOM-Louisiana: WL acceptance first reported on 4/30, last reported on 5/14. Not a very active thread.

VCOM-Virginia: No movement reported. May be reported on other VCOM branch specific sites though, there’s too many and applicants are all cross-posting information.

VCOM- Carolinas: Movement reported on 4/6.

WVSOM: SDN user reports WL movement from someone else on other social media on 5/15. No actual movement reported by SDN users.

Western-Lebanon: Apparently has two different waitlists for APS and standard waitlist, last reported movement was on 3/24 from APS.

Western-Pomona: I believe they overfilled their class this year and offered “deferred admission” for the next year. There is also a WL. No reported movement from deferred admission to accepted for this year’s class. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

WCUCOM: Last reported WL acceptance 5/11, possibly on 5/16 as well but user did not specify whether they were accepted from WL.
Really great work man! Massive massive help

Great job, and I appreciate your efforts :) I think I may be able to add on about ACOM. I was accepted off the waitlist back in February, as well as a couple of other people since February.

ARCOM: MSB students reportedly accepted from WL the first week of May. Another SDN user reported that a friend (not on SDN) was accepted off of WL same week. No further movement reported although SDN user did report today that they called the office and was told WL has started moving.

ATSU SOMA: Same deal with the “acceptance pending seats”, full acceptance from that list first reportedly offered on 3/9. Last movement reported today. No actual movement from WL reported. Confused tbh, so if someone has experience with these two schools then please enlighten me so that I can update this to reflect accurate information.

BCOM: First WL movement reported 4/2. Last reported movement on 5/11, notified by phone call then email.

CUSOM (Campbell): First WL acceptance reported 5/13, notified by email, no updates since.

DMU-COM: Last WL acceptance reported on 5/15, notified by email then phone call shortly after.

ICOM: First WL acceptance reported 5/13, but movement possibly started in the first week of May. Last reported movement was today (5/15).

KCU Kansas City: SDN user reported “they were told some people getting pulled off WL” on 5/8. Another SDN user reported acceptance from WL today. Idk which branch. there’s 76 pages in the thread so have at it lol.

LECOM: Jfc how many branches do they have?! Difficult to decipher because it seems that applicants post on main branch thread the most instead of separate branch campus threads. Movement may have started as early as April.

LMU-DCOM: First WL acceptance reported on 5/4, notified by phone call for Knoxville campus. Reported WL acceptance today (5/18), notified by phone call also for Knoxville campus.

MU-COM (Marian): SDN user reported that a friend (not on SDN) was accepted off of WL on 5/1, notified by phone call. Other SDN users reported WL acceptance on 5/2.

MSUCOM (Michigan): First WL acceptance reported as early as 4/3, notified by phone call. Last WL acceptance reported 5/15.

NYITCOM: Last reported movement happened first week of May for OW campus. No movement reported for JB campus yet.

NSU-KPCOM: Multiple campuses so information is a bit overwhelming. Last reported movement on 3/30 for Tampa. Last reported movement on 3/20 for Davie(Fort Lauderdale) campus. No movement for Clearwater campus reported on their thread, this might be found on other branch threads though.

OU-HCOM (Ohio): Last reported WL acceptance on 5/14 for Dublin campus, notified by phone call. Acceptance for Athens campus on 5/13.

OSU-COM (Oklahoma): WL acceptance first reported on 4/1, last reported movement on 5/3. Good movement for both campuses it seems (Tulsa and Talequah)

PCOM-Georgia: WL acceptance first reported 3/5, last movement reported 5/7, some were notified through postal mail but this may have been switched to email due to COVID-19.

PCOM-South Georgia: No reported movement yet but SDN user reports more movement happened in June/July last cycle.

PCOM-PA: No movement reported yet, they also have their own waitlist thread going.

Rocky Vista – Colorado: Full acceptance from “accepted pending seat” (APS) status reported 5/7. Two people pulled off APS. list today.

Rocky Vista – Utah: Has “accepted pending seat” statuses but no WL movement reported.

RowanSOM: This school apparently starts movement in April and first WL movement for high priority WL reported on 4/9, notified by phone call. Last WL reported was 5/14.

Touro – Harlem, NY: First WL acceptance reported on May 10th, user notified by email. Another person was notified today (5/18).

Touro – Henderson, NV: Last movement reported 4/24. I believe they are still conducting interviews this week so makes sense that there’s not much movement yet.

Touro – Vallejo, CA: No movement reported. SDN user reports WL starts to move after interview cycle ends in late May/early June.

UIWSOM: WL acceptance last reported today, other WL acceptance on 5/15 was notified by phone call.

VCOM-Louisiana: WL acceptance first reported on 4/30, last reported on 5/14. Not a very active thread.

WVSOM: SDN user reports WL movement from someone else on other social media on 5/15. No actual movement reported by SDN users.

Western-Lebanon: Apparently has two different waitlists for APS and standard waitlist, last reported movement was on 3/24 from APS.

Western-Pomona: I believe they overfilled their class this year and offered “deferred admission” for the next year. There is also a WL. No reported movement from deferred admission to accepted for this year’s class. Please correct me if I’m wrong.

WCUCOM: Last reported WL acceptance 5/11, possibly on 5/16 as well but user did not specify whether they were accepted from WL.

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Thanks! Now its time for analysis...

Thanks! Now its time for analysis...
Haha yes! If anything this reminded me that SDN has reporting bias and it’s still very early for WL movement. I am looking forward to everyone updating this with their future acceptances though. The game is on!

Haha yes! If anything this reminded me that SDN has reporting bias and it’s still very early for WL movement. I am looking forward to everyone updating this with their future acceptances though. The game is on!
I'll keep you updated if wl movement happens on any of the threads I'm watching

Wow, this is awesome. Thank you! I'm waitlisted at ARCOM, and I can confirm your information seems accurate.
You’re welcome! Glad I could channel my nervous energy into something that’s hopefully helpful to everyone. And thank you!! To anyone else reading, confirming the accuracy would be great help! I’m only human lol and tbh I don’t understand some of the WL situations since they do not apply to me.

I'll keep you updated if wl movement happens on any of the threads I'm watching
Thanks man! I did see your username pop up in a few threads, really hope some good news comes your way soon. You’ve been helpful to so many others!