DO waitlist support thread 2019-2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
y'all think these schools reply to you differently depending where you are on the waitlist? lol. im prob overthinking but the thought is funny
My school just stated that they do not have any ranking within the waitlist and they have been pulling people off since the first week of May.

Members don't see this ad.

You're getting responses? haha. The school I'm interested in won't even respond to my emails lol
You guys are sending emails? (if you know the meme, you know lol)

Reactions: 1 user
Just emailed them that my final transcript’s been sent but I was debating about whether I should ask another school how’s waitlist movement been and if it’s been affected amidst all this chaos

Members don't see this ad :)

Attachments

• if-you-guys-could-stop-sending-annoying-emails-thatd-be-great.jpg
    if-you-guys-could-stop-sending-annoying-emails-thatd-be-great.jpg
    116 KB · Views: 71
Reactions: 2 users
I'm currently WLed at two schools, ISS for a state school and OOS for a private school. I've sent spring transcripts and gotten replies from both, but no WL movement at one school and seemingly little at the other. Wondering how much hope I should have at this point. I'm actually pretty hopeful, but that might just be because this is the farthest I've ever gotten in the cycle.

Personally, I feel defeated, but I’m not sure if covid is the reason we haven’t seen too much movement at this point in the cycle

Reactions: 1 users
Personally, I feel defeated, but I’m not sure if covid is the reason we haven’t seen too much movement at this point in the cycle
what schools are you on the WL for? Also remember movement can continue for another 6-8 weeks. So patience is the name of the game.

what schools are you on the WL for? Also remember movement can continue for another 6-8 weeks. So patience is the name of the game.
Burrell & Touro Middletown, yeah true, but I was hoping on finding out before my SMP started (starts June 3rd) so my impatience is def stemming from that.

did u apply to them late?
Yeahhhhh lol finished the secondary for Touro in mid January, and didn’t realize that my payment for Burrell’s secondary didn’t go through until early March

Yeahhhhh lol finished the secondary for Touro in mid January, and didn’t realize that my payment for Burrell’s secondary didn’t go through until early March
Haha same I applied late, can only blame ourselves cus late interviews mostly end up in waitlists

It’s not the end of the day but there hasn’t been a lot of movement reported so I’m calling it in early.

To add to yesterday’s list, there was one WL acceptance reported at UIWSOM.

Today there was movement reported from Rowan, KCU-Joplin, and at PNWU - our very own @Longtimecoming! Congratulations!!

Edit: BCOM had movement on 5/27

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
It’s not the end of the day but there hasn’t been a lot of movement reported so I’m calling it in early.

To add to yesterday’s list, there was one WL acceptance reported at UIWSOM.

Today there was movement reported from Rowan, KCU-Joplin, and at PNWU - our very own @Longtimecoming! Congratulations!!
Thank you!!! I hope everyone ends up where they need to be!! Such a roller coaster.

Reactions: 3 users
I did. My advisor had a horrible time with AACOMAS and her letter never went through.

I keep refreshing my email to hopefully get something from admissions that I will get off the waitlist.
Interviewed PCOM-GA 3-16-2020, WL 3-31-2020.

This is torture.

• Sad
A Little hope dies as
I keep refreshing my email to hopefully get something from admissions that I will get off the waitlist.
Interviewed PCOM-GA 3-16-2020, WL 3-31-2020.

This is torture.
Hope = Hold on, pain ends :)

There has been zero WL movement at my school and I feel like Im on the edge every day lol

uhhh
any other waitlists other than PCOMGA?
Nope this is my only school. Started application for next cycle but I really want to have some hope for the summer to get off waitlist.

have you reapplied?
No bc i have a deferred acceptance :X3: so it’s not a typical waitlist situation but still anxiety provoking in a similar fashion

No bc i have a deferred acceptance :X3: so it’s not a typical waitlist situation but still anxiety provoking in a similar fashion

ahh. i see. well from my perspective, I think you can calm down that anxiety - you have somewhere to go! dont worry much

Anyone have any idea on PCOM-PA?
Maybe @Hazle already answered your question but if you’re here to find out about WL movement then the last reported acceptance by an SDN user was the week of 5/11.

1. Got any updates today?
You know I do lol

It’s been a quiet day in terms of WL movement here on SDN. Today we had reports of acceptances from OSU-Tulsa, Rowan, UIWSOM, Sam Houston.

WCU is also still sending out interview invites, I previously reported that LMU was doing this as well.

Hoping to see more movement tomorrow but otherwise next week is the beginning of June, which I did declare to be the new May* so fingers crossed for some big waves this coming month.

For anyone who’s just now joining us on this thread, the large post on the first page gets updated daily.

*disclaimer: there’s no evidence behind this, just my terrible optimism and last shred of hope.

edit: Movement reported at CCOM with acceptance on 5/28.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
You know I do lol

It’s been a quiet day in terms of WL movement here on SDN. Today we had reports of acceptances from OSU-Tulsa, Rowan, UIWSOM, and Sam Houston.

WCU is also still sending out interview invites, I previously reported that LMU was doing this as well.

Hoping to see more movement tomorrow but otherwise next week is the beginning of June, which I did declare to be the new May* so fingers crossed for some big waves this coming month.

For anyone who’s just now joining us on this thread, the large post on the first page gets updated daily.

*disclaimer: there’s no evidence behind this, just my terrible optimism and last shred of hope.
Wouldn't you say we're already seeing big waves right now? I mean it seems like this is the standard amount of movement to last years WL support thread.

Can reports of WL movement at some schools indicate a higher chance for movement at most other schools? Since some people with more than one A will be withdrawing from at least one other school, it in turn starts a cycle of increased movement? I'm hoping that's how it works or how it plays out. Please let me know if this is the case because I need a slight glimmer of hope before I lose it all. :cryi:

Wouldn't you say we're already seeing big waves right now? I mean it seems like this is the standard amount of movement to last years WL support thread.
I suppose I meant for overall WL movement reported on SDN. Right now it just seems like there’s been trickles of reports for some schools, like 1 or 2 users a day will report being accepted off the WL at any given school. The most I’ve seen in a day so far is 3. Personally for the schools that I’m currently waitlisted at, it’s been pretty silent compared to last year even though I know the WL has started moving there.

It’s all reporting bias at the end of the day though. Who knows, for every 1 SDN user that reports WL movement on a given day, there could be 3-5 other people not on SDN who were also accepted? There’s also some people who will report their acceptance days, weeks, months later.

I also haven‘t looked through the movement from last year at every single school to be able to compare to this year. I gotta draw the line on my neuroticism somewhere lol

Anyone know the difference between an alternate list and a waitlist? There is a difference at the school I’m waitlisted at (LECOM) according to admissions but they wouldn’t elaborate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jesus another week flew by without any good news :(

Reactions: 4 users
Just got accepted off of the Priority Waitlist for LUCOM. Will be surrendering my spot at LMU-DCOM.

Reactions: 3 users
Today there was movement reported at NYITCOM’s JB campus, WCU, Western-Pomona, and LUCOM.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.

Editx2: There was movement today at Western-Pomona however the post was deleted. There was also reported movement at PNWU yesterday.

Last edited:
Another weekend of me trying to distract myself, starting to run out of things to do might go buy a harmonica off Amazon and see where that takes me

Another weekend of me trying to distract myself, starting to run out of things to do might go buy a harmonica off Amazon and see where that takes me
Today in waitlist land I made hot fudge from scratch. It's delicious, but I could use some less calorie-filled distractions.

Today there was movement reported at NYITCOM’s JB campus, Western-Pomona, WCU, and LUCOM.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
Didn’t see any movement on the western Pomona thread. Did you mean Oregon/Lebanon?

Didn’t see any movement on the western Pomona thread. Did you mean Oregon/Lebanon?
Hmm I went back to double check. There was definitely a post earlier today where someone stated that they were accepted from the deferred list but now the post is no longer there. I can’t find it on the Pomona thread or Lebanon thread. Truly baffled right now but I’ll correct my posts. Thank you for pointing it out.

Hmm I went back to double check. There was definitely a post earlier today where someone stated that they were accepted from the deferred list but now the post is no longer there. I can’t find it on the Pomona thread or Lebanon thread. Truly baffled right now but I’ll correct my posts. Thank you for pointing it out.

I can confirm I saw that post earlier today. No mistake on your part.

@DoctorBambi Apparently someone was accepted and turned it down at PNWU, as relayed by their father @DoctorDad2020 just a FYI.
I can confirm I saw that post earlier today. No mistake on your part.
Thank you both! I really thought I was going crazy there for a minute lol

Also thank you to everyone else fact checking me. Please continue to let me know if any information you know is incorrect or inaccurate. I don’t want to confuse anyone or have future applicants reading this thread be misinformed.

Last edited:
I just saw a post added within the last hour saying what you mentioned! It wasn’t up when I checked the main thread based on your reporting..so weird but thank you for all the updates you’ve been reporting you’re an angel

I just saw a post added within the last hour saying what you mentioned! It wasn’t up when I checked the main thread based on your reporting..so weird but thank you for all the updates you’ve been reporting you’re an angel
Yeah no worries! I think we’ve put together that the post from earlier today was deleted so you were correct in reporting that it wasn’t there when you checked. I would have never caught that had you not pointed it out. And I did also see that someone else added a post about being accepted from the deferred list later this evening, not sure if it was the same person from earlier or a different person but either way, no harm no foul :)
Thanks for contributing!

I’m assuming going to a protest wouldn’t pass the vibe check with these med schools

I’m assuming going to a protest wouldn’t pass the vibe check with these med schools
Probs not. But activism and speaking up against injustice is more important than what adcoms think imo. As long as you stay safe, “do no harm”, and avoid precarious situations then you’d be fine to protest. Maybe keep social media private until you get that acceptance but that’s an unspoken rule for every applicant lol

Last edited: