DO Waitlist Support Thread 2021-2022

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Manifesting an A by the end of this week šŸ„ŗ!!! lets not give up hope!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 7 users
Thereā€™s another thread thatā€™s been using manifestations and it seems to be working, and honestly what could it hurt?

Manifesting an acceptance by the end of today. Please and thanks!

Reactions: 8 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Thereā€™s another thread thatā€™s been using manifestations and it seems to be working, and honestly what could it hurt?

Manifesting an acceptance by the end of today. Please and thanks!
Iā€™ll try too!

Manifesting an
emoji92.png
acceptance
emoji92.png
by the end of today
emoji18.png
. Please and thanks!

Reactions: 5 users
Don't leave me out!
Manifesting an
emoji92.png
acceptance
emoji92.png
by the end of today
emoji18.png
. Please and thanks!
Vice Tv Goals GIF by STICK TO SPORTS

Reactions: 5 users
I CLAIM THE A IN THE NAME OF HIPPOCRATES!!!

Itā€™s so hard seeing so much WL movement and none of itā€™s me. Like Iā€™m *trying* SO. HARD. To stay positive but every day that passes drains a little more hope out of me. I hope we all hear by next week, this not knowing and being in limbo sucks!

Try to enjoy the weekend!!

Reactions: 3 users
Wow. I cant stop saying holy ****ing ****. Got my first acceptance of the cycle today.... still in utter shock. This thread has been such support. STAY HOPEFUL!!! it will happen for you dont lose faith.

• Love
  • Wow
Reactions: 10 users
Wow. I cant stop saying holy ****ing ****. Got my first acceptance of the cycle today.... still in utter shock. This thread has been such support. STAY HOPEFUL!!! it will happen for you dont lose faith.
Just logged in to see this fantastic post! Where did you get accepted if you mind sharing? I feel like I've seen you around, we may have applied to some common schools.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Just logged in to see this fantastic post! Where did you get accepted if you mind sharing? I feel like I've seen you around, we may have applied to some common schools.
thank you <3 I got in at LMU DCOM. I will definitely stick around since I am still waitlisted at my top choice but wow relief just knowing no more mcat, no more applying for jobs etc.

• Love
Reactions: 9 users
thank you <3 I got in at LMU DCOM. I will definitely stick around since I am still waitlisted at my top choice but wow relief just knowing no more mcat, no more applying for jobs etc.
Congrats Dr! Seen you throughout the cycle, was hoping you would get in. Hopefully we work together someday šŸ˜Ž

• Love
Congratulations!!! Cannot wait for the rest of us to get off the waitlist too!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know what the WL movement is like at LECOM Erie?

Does anyone know what the WL movement is like at LECOM Erie?
Not a current waitlist, but I was waitlisted at various LECOM locations 3x. LECOM is a great school, but they interviews literally hundreds knowing fully well majority of them are gonna be alternates. It got worse after COVID when interviews became virtual. WL at LECOM is minimal and barely moves. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean its nonexistent. Some people do get off the waitlist, but remember they get the most applications. I really suggest banking on other schools or prepping for the new application cycle. If it was any other school, I would provide some hope and encourage you to remain patient, but after the multiple years of seeing others and myself simply wait and wait and wait for LECOM to accept us, I really wouldn't bank on it. That being said, the journey is a long one, and med school will always be there and if not this year, then def the next (coming from a 3x applicant who just got his first acceptance this year)

• Care
Not a current waitlist, but I was waitlisted at various LECOM locations 3x. LECOM is a great school, but they interviews literally hundreds knowing fully well majority of them are gonna be alternates. It got worse after COVID when interviews became virtual. WL at LECOM is minimal and barely moves. HOWEVER, it doesn't mean its nonexistent. Some people do get off the waitlist, but remember they get the most applications. I really suggest banking on other schools or prepping for the new application cycle. If it was any other school, I would provide some hope and encourage you to remain patient, but after the multiple years of seeing others and myself simply wait and wait and wait for LECOM to accept us, I really wouldn't bank on it. That being said, the journey is a long one, and med school will always be there and if not this year, then def the next (coming from a 3x applicant who just got his first acceptance this year)
is it possible i can dm you? i have a couple of questions you can probably help me with

New week, new manifestation post on this thread. Please let me get off the waitlist at my #1, universe, I need thisšŸ˜­

ITS NOT OVER TIL ITS OVER. Let's manifest these As!!!

Reactions: 4 users
KEEP ON KEEPING THE FAITH!! šŸ«¶ We can do this!

Manifesting that acceptance this week!

Manifesting an A by the end of the week too!! We got this yā€™all!

• Love
Does anyone know anything about the waitlist movement at VCOM-Louisiana?

Real talk, Iā€™m still being hopeful BUT all this waiting is making me crazy. Like I just want to know already
giphy.gif

• Haha
Anyone else here planning on submitting the new application? I set a submission day for next week but I hope I won't have to go through with it :cryi:

• Care
Anyone else here planning on submitting the new application? I set a submission day for next week but I hope I won't have to go through with it :cryi:

I will be if I donā€™t hear anything within the next week or so. I need to start working on it actually, (weā€™ve been camping and the service isnā€™t the best so Iā€™ve delayed it until we get back) but Iā€™m going to transfer most of my stuff over from the previous one anyway. I hope to hear something so I donā€™t have to submit it

Are we allowed to submit a new application even if we are still waiting for a decision for the last cycle?
I will be if I donā€™t hear anything within the next week or so. I need to start working on it actually, (weā€™ve been camping and the service isnā€™t the best so Iā€™ve delayed it until we get back) but Iā€™m going to transfer most of my stuff over from the previous one anyway. I hope to hear something so I donā€™t have to submit it

I am in the process of applying to a master's program as a plan b and I cannot get myself to sit down and write a personal statement for the program. Mentally, I cannot apply to this cycle plus I don't have the energy to retake mcat right now. Someone send me an acceptance off a WL and let the waiting game be over please. šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­

Reactions: 1 user
I am in the process of applying to a master's program as a plan b and I cannot get myself to sit down and write a personal statement for the program. Mentally, I cannot apply to this cycle plus I don't have the energy to retake mcat right now. Someone send me an acceptance off a WL and let the waiting game be over please.

CAN RELATE! Iā€™ll have to work on the AACOMAS application and an application for an online MBA for this fall if I donā€™t hear anything soon. Plus worry about the MCAT and so many things. Iā€™m stressed just thinking about it so I HOPE we both get in

CAN RELATE! Iā€™ll have to work on the AACOMAS application and an application for an online MBA for this fall if I donā€™t hear anything soon. Plus worry about the MCAT and so many things. Iā€™m stressed just thinking about it so I HOPE we both get in
Let's hope June brings some good news for us and lets all the uncertainties go away!

Hereā€™s my daily manifestation post. Manifesting an acceptance by the end of the week. Please and thanksšŸ¤

While I love the manifestations and attractive thinking Iā€™ve decided to go ahead and begin the process of preparing for a reapply.Iā€™m saying this just to pass time I guess and maybe give ideas to others.

What Iā€™ve done is enroll at my Ugrad university again to pursue a major in Biology and I have scheduled a graduate level cell bio course with an advanced human anatomy course for the summer. Iā€™m going to take these classes while also studying for the MCAT and Iā€™ll retake it in September hopefully.

I spent May studying all of my weaknesses in each section in detail and am moving on to doing a general review of science content and practicing my pacing for the exam Cuz in retrospect I ran out of time and left several of my answers incomplete when I took the actual exam.

Iā€™ve read cell bio will help a lot on the MCAT so that is also one of my studying methods.

Then I will begin preparing my new personal statement to better answer the question of why medicine cuz I think my original was a little vague and didnā€™t really address it directly.

Iā€™ll be requesting letters of recommendation from every science professor cuz I didnā€™t have those to begin with for my previous app until late in the game.

Iā€™ll be finding somewhere to volunteer soon so I can stay involved in the community and help some folks.

Beyond that it will just be a matter of killing it on my science classes for the next three semesters cuz my ugpa was crap. Online classes + pandemic didnā€™t bode well for me before so hopefully now that classes are in person again I will do good.

Of course if ACOM hits me up for a dance here soon ima drop it all and have a party.

• Care
Received my A today! My top choice and only WL. Thankful for this thread for the positivity! Good luck and hope to see you guys on the other side soon!

• Care
Reactions: 8 users
Received my A today! My top choice and only WL. Thankful for this thread for the positivity! Good luck and hope to see you guys on the other side soon
Congratulations!!! Let's hope everyone get that A soon too!

• Care
  • Love
Just got the acceptance call today! Can't even believe it, I'm so excited! Very thankful for this thread keeping me sane and positive. I'm rooting for all of you, persistence WILL pay off! Good luck!!!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Hereā€™s to next week friends. Still manifesting!!

Also, good luck to those working on backup plans just in case. Weā€™ve got this!

giphy.gif

Hereā€™s hoping for good news, friends. Hang in there!

• Care
Reactions: 6 users
Is anyone here waitlisted at UIWSOM? Or just recently accepted?

Question, is anyone on the WL at LECOM?

It worked!!! Got off the WL at my #1 this morning. Hope it happens for you all too!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Still waiting for my #1 school and hoping and praying for the best. Just remember that we all did not come this far for nothing. Sending good vibes out homies.

šŸŽµI live in a constant state of fearšŸŽ¶

• Care