Do women really want a man who obsesses over them and their love-life?

raj2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well do you?

I mean, a fella who wants to treat your relationship like its the most important thing in the world....thinkin about you and it every five minutes a day..?

Or do you prefer a guy who's chilled out and easy going? At least they're not an irksome nuisance all the time, but hey you won't get half the same attention as with the other type of guy.

Don't blame me on this one...it was watching 'Chasing Amy' last week on tv which kind of set off this line of thought. Good film but very strange ending!

Members don't see this ad.

I was talking to a friend about this the other day, and the consensus was that it's cute if you like the guy and the relationship is fairly new. It's annoying if you don't like the guy, or are just lukewarm about the relationship.

And I would add that even if you do like him, it still becomes annoying once you're realtionship is pretty stable and secure.

I agree with Samoa.

I am in a full-time relationship (i.e. we're about to get married soon!!) and we practically spend all our time together. I used to be the kind of chick who loves attention and all from her man. I would get pissed if my opinion was not heard enough or if I was not given the lovey dovey presents/language that most girls (generalizing here) tend to like. But once our relationship got more serious, I started realizing there there is SO MUCH to do..... moving appartments, moving furniture, buying things for the new house, blah blah blah. There is so much responsibility, that really, I don't WANT my man to invest any more energy in me. I feel like when there's a lot of responsibility on my shoulders, I don't want all the bells and whistles, the mushy stuff that I would have fallen for at any other time. Perhaps it's responsibility that is the anti-dote to that??? I don't know. It just kinda feels suffocating after a while especially if there is tons of work to be done.

If on the other hand you're in a new relationship, it's okay. I liked it initially. But now I think of it as a waste of time. I especially don't like it when he keeps trying to make me talk about "my feelings" and wants to express my opinions. I am much more of a do-er than a talker or listener. I guess I am just changing, and the poor thing is trying to keep up with my evolution.

I guess it boils down to the "work hard, play hard" routine. That's what I am like and so is my fiance, so it works for us.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think its sweet when a guy puts so much into a relationship, it means he really cares...but sometimes it does get annoying when he apologizes for everything.

Though I'd rather him gush over me then not care so much as to do so. My bf gushes and spoils me. I love him so much but sometimes its so much I'd have to tell him "babe, I need some time alone, for like an hour or so."

Women -...love them not enough they whine, love them too much, they whine ...:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Kovox

I love him so much but sometimes its so much I'd have to tell him "babe, I need some time alone, for like an hour or so."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
I know what you mean. However, it is nice having them hang on to every word you say, isn't it? Men are not usually the type of creatures that like to be.....umm...domesticated?? So now that we have them "trained," we should learn to appreciate it. :oops: :oops:

men!! Can't ever be happy with what they do for us!! :p :p