Do you guys think I will get in...JUST TOOK THE DATS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
E

ElBerHarSo

Hi guys, I have a 3.2, Science GPA
I took the Dats today and got

Ochem 21
Chem 20
Bio 15
PAT 17
Reading 18
Math 18

Average 18
Science 18

Will I get in anywhere, do schools cutt off just cuz I got 15 in Bio?
I will be depressed if I dont get in anywhere

I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much extra curricular activities.

let me know, thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, to be honest its going to be difficult especially for this cycle if you just took the DAT now. 15 for a section is already low and most likely a cutoff for many schools, plus the Bio section is one of if not the most important sections.

hmmm... not going to sugar coat anything. i don't think so. gotta retake it. good luck, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just my opinon but a 15 in Bio is going to turn a lot of schools away. I would retake.

A 15 in bio isn't like a 15 in QR -- it's one of the most important sections. I would definately retake especially since your GPA isn't super-stellar.

Not to mention that you're application is way too late since your stats are mediocre. Apply early next year, and re-take the DAT

yeah, i gotta agree with everyone else. don't think you're gonna get in. it's late in the cycle and your DAT scores are not good with that 15 bio section. if the bio was a 18-20 i think it would be way different, but even with a ton of extracurriculars a 15 says that you'll get slammed in dental school.

A 15 in bio isn't like a 15 in QR -- it's one of the most important sections. I would definately retake especially since your GPA isn't super-stellar.

UNLV weighs QR and BIO the same according to their formula.

Not to mention that you're application is way too late since your stats are mediocre. Apply early next year, and re-take the DAT

best advice yet