do you have to complete ALL requirements before APPLYING?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

borat2008

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just wanted some input. i havent taken physics 1 since it didnt work in my schedule. however, i got an A in physics 2 and scored very high in PS on the MCAT. will med schools still look at my application?

Members don't see this ad.

You just need to complete the requirements before matriculating. On AMCAS you are able to add current/future classes so just make sure that the pre-reqs are added there so the schools know you are planning on taking those classes.

what if i have already submitted my amcas?

Members don't see this ad :)
Probably not a big deal. You'll be able to include it somewhere in the secondaries, for example some ask you what you'll be doing next year (which classes you'll be taking etc), or you can add it in the additional info section that some have. Call the schools if you're worried.

Just curious how or why you took physics II before physics I?

Just curious how or why you took physics II before physics I?

at some schools (maybe most places?) physics I is mechaniscs and sound, and II is light and electricity. very "unrelated" topics. very do-able not in sequence.

You just need to complete the requirements before matriculating. On AMCAS you are able to add current/future classes so just make sure that the pre-reqs are added there so the schools know you are planning on taking those classes.

Generally true, but I would double-check on the web sites of the schools you're applying to. I recall reading that for Cornell you need to have all prereqs completed by January 31st of the year you're matriculating. This is from their FAQ:

Q: If I haven't completed my prerequisites, can I still apply?
A: Yes, but all prerequisites must be completed by January 31 of the year for which admission is sought.

http://www.med.cornell.edu/education/admissions/app_faq.html