Do you have to include references in the CV you upload for CCOM Secondary?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tmandudeguy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just the title question. If not, it saves me room to add more hobbies and what not. Anyone who was accepted or applied, what did you do?

Members don't see this ad.

Fortunately, CVs don't have to be one page. In fact, some of the physicians I know have CVs that are 50-90 pages long because of their extensive lists of publications! I can't imagine ever publishing enough to fill over 50 pages, but you get my point.

I can't recall what the CCOM directions were in terms of what to include (I logged into my submitted app and couldn't find the CV instructions), but definitely include what they explicitly tell you to as well as anything else that you deem to be relevant for a CV. So if they say add references, then add references. Personally, I did not add references because I submitted before all of my letters were in, but I am regretting that decision.

Best of luck with the application process. :)

I see! Thanks for the info buddy! They don't ask for references, but they ask for everything else I had on my CV. I think you should be fine! Best of luck to ya ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Never thought to do that, but I guess it would have been a good idea. I did get an interview though, so it couldn't have mattered too much.

Congrats Maeby Funke on the interview-- I hope it goes well. How long did it take for CCOM to get back to you after submitting your secondary? My app was officially marked complete last week, and I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I hear back from them.

Whew tmandudeguy! Glad to hear that they don't ask references on CVs-- I would've hated to be rejected on the basis of omitting that (yes, I know I should've paid more attention, but with 32 secondaries and a full-time job, I'm a little overwhelmed with this process). Good luck with your secondary application; I hope you get an interview. :)

Congrats Maeby Funke on the interview-- I hope it goes well. How long did it take for CCOM to get back to you after submitting your secondary? My app was officially marked complete last week, and I'm going to be a nervous wreck until I hear back from them.

Whew tmandudeguy! Glad to hear that they don't ask references on CVs-- I would've hated to be rejected on the basis of omitting that (yes, I know I should've paid more attention, but with 32 secondaries and a full-time job, I'm a little overwhelmed with this process). Good luck with your secondary application; I hope you get an interview. :)

Thanks, I hope so too! Even with the high tuition it's a top choice for me.

I received an interview invite 5 days after being marked complete, but I don't think that's the standard. I've been complete 6 other DO schools for 1.5 months with nothing but silence while I see others receiving ii's right away.