Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

do you have to report remedial class to AMCAS?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by logic meme, Apr 27, 2004.

1. synapse lapse

synapse lapse tokyo robotic
    15+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    Hello, I have a friend that took a remedial math class at a JC and wanted to know if he has to report it on his application. It was not college level, it was like a leveling math course to prepare for regular classes, but it is on his transcript he said. Thanks...

2. jlee9531

jlee9531 J,A,S
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    put it on there.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. ddmo

ddmo BMF
    10+ Year Member

Without a doubt, it needs to be on there. I had the same thing. I took an algebra class at a JC while in high school, and they said it needed to be reported.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. EM Junkie

EM Junkie SDN Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 15+ Year Member

Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

If you do not report it and they find out later, they could EASILY remove you from medical school. I have heard horror stories of medical students being expelled during their 4th year for conveniently leaving JC classes off of their application. It's not worth it!!

-Scott, MS2

5. getcloned

getcloned Hilton Magician
    10+ Year Member

my friend told me to tell your friend to throw that biznatch on there.

6. SaltySqueegee

SaltySqueegee El Rey de Salsa
    10+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student
    Ouch... I'm glad I put those JC courses that I took while in HS on there... that sucks...

"...but I have a cure for cancer..."
    "...that doesn't matter because you left off the remedial math 101 course from podunk JC that you got a B- in... according to that you would have never made the initial score cut... I'm sorry, you are the weakest link... goodbye..."
    "AAAAAAaaaahhhhhhhh....." :eek: :rolleyes: