do you have to report remedial class to AMCAS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

synapse lapse

tokyo robotic
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have a friend that took a remedial math class at a JC and wanted to know if he has to report it on his application. It was not college level, it was like a leveling math course to prepare for regular classes, but it is on his transcript he said. Thanks...

Members don't see this ad.

Without a doubt, it needs to be on there. I had the same thing. I took an algebra class at a JC while in high school, and they said it needed to be reported.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

If you do not report it and they find out later, they could EASILY remove you from medical school. I have heard horror stories of medical students being expelled during their 4th year for conveniently leaving JC classes off of their application. It's not worth it!!

-Scott, MS2

my friend told me to tell your friend to throw that biznatch on there.

stw2361 said:
Yes, Yes, Yes!!!

If you do not report it and they find out later, they could EASILY remove you from medical school. I have heard horror stories of medical students being expelled during their 4th year for conveniently leaving JC classes off of their application. It's not worth it!!

-Scott, MS2

Ouch... I'm glad I put those JC courses that I took while in HS on there... that sucks...

"...but I have a cure for cancer..."
"...that doesn't matter because you left off the remedial math 101 course from podunk JC that you got a B- in... according to that you would have never made the initial score cut... I'm sorry, you are the weakest link... goodbye..."
"AAAAAAaaaahhhhhhhh....." :eek: :rolleyes: