Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Do You Need To Finish All The Pre-Reqs Before You Apply?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by IWant2BeADoctor, May 2, 2007.

1. IWant2BeADoctor

IWant2BeADoctor License to Matriculate

Pre-Medical
    Can you apply without finishing all the pre-reqs?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Tiagao

Tiagao Member

Yes, but check with the school to ensure which classes you must have before you apply. If I'm not mistaken there are a couple of schools that will not send you a secondary without completetion of required courses.

4. DoctorMom78

DoctorMom78 Sky Glory

Medical Student
    Depends on the school. LECOM-Erie rejected me in part because I hadn't taken any organic chemistry yet. UNECOM made me wait until I finished organic 1 to send me the secondary. Check with the schools. GOOD LUCK!:luck:

5. MaximusD

MaximusD Anatomically Incorrect
    Physician

Resident [Any Field]
    I am so sorry for your children -- I hope that your second child's developmental hiccups clear up with antibiotics as well! Excellent website... well-conceived and presented clearly... thank you for the information.

6. emaj1n

emaj1n M1

Medical Student
    Most schools will allow you to apply with courses in progress as long as they are completed before matriculation. As others have said, definitely check with the schools. Good luck!

7. emoney182

Pre-Medical
    Most schools will let you apply without ALL of the pre-reqs, but it helps to have the majority of them completed pre-application. I would say it helps greatly to have the gen-chems, physics, orgo 1 and one upper division science class

8. DoctorMom78

DoctorMom78 Sky Glory

Medical Student
    THANK YOU!!!!:love: :)

9. GreenShirt

Medical Student
    I think it's recommended not to have more than 1-2 outstanding pre-reqs. I had 2 missing pre-reqs at the time of my application and that didn't delay the receipt of secondaries/interviews/acceptances, although the acceptances were conditional.