Do you sneeze in bright light?

Started by humuhumu
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Do you sneeze when exposed suddenly to bright light?

  • Yes, all the time.

    Votes: 62 22.5%
  • Yes, sometimes.

    Votes: 79 28.6%
  • Yes, but only rarely.

    Votes: 22 8.0%
  • No, never.

    Votes: 61 22.1%
  • Is this a joke?

    Votes: 52 18.8%

  • Total voters
    276
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
When I feel like I have to sneeze, I usually WANT to so I can get it out of my system and feel better...I always find that looking directly into a lamp or other bright light will, 90% of the time, get the sneeze out.

^ Since I was a child I've done that to help get sneezes out.
 
Weird thread to necro, but...I actually have the same reaction. Never heard it called the photic sneeze reflex, though. The first PCP I had in the Army told me it was called photoptarmosis, and that's the word I've used ever since, when trying to explain it to someone.

[/cool story]
 
When I feel like I have to sneeze, I usually WANT to so I can get it out of my system and feel better...I always find that looking directly into a lamp or other bright light will, 90% of the time, get the sneeze out.

When I looked at this thread, that's exactly what I was thinking.