You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Do you think 19 credits in one semester is too much?
Started by thisismyacct
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Based on your previous posts, I would take one less class to allow you to focus and get the grades up. 19 hours is quite a lot.I'm scheduled to take 19 credits next semester. 12 credits are history classes, 6 are upper level bios (pharmacology and endocrinology), and the last credit is a chem lab retake. Do you think this would be too much?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took 19 one semester but only because I was a business major trying to get my science courses in for my science minor/pre-reqs.I'm scheduled to take 19 credits next semester. 12 credits are history classes, 6 are upper level bios (pharmacology and endocrinology), and the last credit is a chem lab retake. Do you think this would be too much?
I probably wouldn’t say it’s ideal, but I think it certainly would be good trial run for dental school.
No way Jose. Rather get good grades and take an extra semester/summer semester.
Based on your previous posts, I would take one less class to allow you to focus and get the grades up. 19 hours is quite a lot.
One part of me is leaning towards doing that. Another part of me says it’ll be a good “test run” to see if I can handle dental school.
That’s a good point.Its a marathon, not a sprint.
I took 19 one semester but only because I was a business major trying to get my science courses in for my science minor/pre-reqs.
I probably wouldn’t say it’s ideal, but I think it certainly would be good trial run for dental school.
That’s what I’m thinking too, I just don’t want to s**t the bed and end up with bad grades lol.
No way Jose. Rather get good grades and take an extra semester/summer semester.
I’m thinking that too. Another part of me says I’ll be fine, and that it’ll be a good test run for a SMP and dental school.
I’m takin 21 next semester boiii we dying together [emoji1491][emoji23]
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
All the other parts of you will be kicking this part of you if you don't do well.One part of me is leaning towards doing that. Another part of me says it’ll be a good “test run” to see if I can handle dental school.
Worry about handling dental school when you're in dental school. Until then, worry about doing well in undergrad. If you get good grades, you'll be fine in D-School (there are exceptions, but that's generally the rule).
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
All the other parts of you will be kicking this part of you if you don't do well.
Worry about handling dental school when you're in dental school. Until then, worry about doing well in undergrad. If you get good grades, you'll be fine in D-School (there are exceptions, but that's generally the rule).
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
Honestly the more and more I think about it, I think I'm better of taking 16 credits. Should I drop endocrinology or pharmacology? I need the other classes to graduate.
@thisismyacct find the grade distributions and choose the one with more As and Bs
I took pharm in UG and liked it. Proves to be helpful, but then again, you'll do endocrine too in D-School. That said pharm is something you'll need to hold on to, so idk. Up to whatever you'll get better grades in honestlyHonestly the more and more I think about it, I think I'm better of taking 16 credits. Should I drop endocrinology or pharmacology? I need the other classes to graduate.
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
@thisismyacct find the grade distributions and choose the one with more As and Bs
I wish I had access to that information
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I took pharm in UG and liked it. Proves to be helpful, but then again, you'll do endocrine too in D-School. That said pharm is something you'll need to hold on to, so idk. Up to whatever you'll get better grades in honestly
Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
I'm leaning towards endocrinology since it seems more straightforward. Problem is they both seem interesting lol.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 367