Do you think Admissions Committees will meet this week?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

qr321

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It is before Thanksgiving.

Members don't see this ad.

qr321 said:
It is before Thanksgiving.
maybe they will. I AM not so sure. U TELL ME
thanX.

From the looks of my email and mailbox, adcom meetings haven't happened for months, so why this week?

Members don't see this ad :)
I think OP is wondering whether the holiday this week will affect the committee meetings.

D123 said:
maybe they will. I AM not so sure. U TELL ME
thanX.
Are you trying to send us a secret message with those random CAPS?

as for adcoms, i HopE (reaLLy hOpe) they meet this week because i'm dying to get some good news asap!

yah, i think some of them will

i wish they would. Maybe they could give me something else to be thankful for!

gdbaby said:
From the looks of my email and mailbox, adcom meetings haven't happened for months, so why this week?
It is little early, but I think someone is giving ust some stars. ;)

I had a regional interview with St. Louis University this past Sat. My interviewer told me with Thanksgiving and the holidays, the normal "4-6 weeks" is going to take even longer. So I'm assuming based on that statement, adcoms don't meet on Thanksgiving week, or at least the one in SLU.

MDCali said:
I had a regional interview with St. Louis University this past Sat. My interviewer told me with Thanksgiving and the holidays, the normal "4-6 weeks" is going to take even longer. So I'm assuming based on that statement, adcoms don't meet on Thanksgiving week, or at least the one in SLU.
Can you try to contact them all in 1-2 weeks?

CTG said:
Are you trying to send us a secret message with those random CAPS?

as for adcoms, i HopE (reaLLy hOpe) they meet this week because i'm dying to get some good news asap!

:laugh:

hello

I called a few schools today with some questions, and the admissions offices were all open. I guess that's a good sign.

I was at Case Western last week and my interviewer (and admissions people) told me they were meeting today, though it would be a shortened meeting and they wouldn't get through the same amount of people they normally would.

Remember that the committees have to split their time between selecting for interviews and selecting for acceptances. I bet they'll meet this week, and let's hope they are in a great mood, ready for thanksgiving!!

The Dartmouth committee meets Thursdays and said they wouldn't be meeting this week, so no soup for interviewees from last week