Do you think I am doomed?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bbroolz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

My sophomore year of college i have earned a pathetic cum gpa 2.7. I am taking summer school for the next two summers and then staying an extra year. I know I capable of receiving excellent marks. If I manage to receive a 3.8 for my remaining semesters would it be possible for me to gain acceptance to any us med school?

Members don't see this ad.

3 semesters of 2.7 and 5 of 3.8 would put you at about a 3.35. That's far from ideal, but considering the huge upward trend, you could probably pull an acceptance with a great MCAT score and subject portion of your app. You'll have to work your butt off to turn things around, and you'll need to get started as soon as possible. Start working on your extracurriculars, too.

3 semesters of 2.7 and 5 of 3.8 would put you at about a 3.35. That's far from ideal, but considering the huge upward trend, you could probably pull an acceptance with a great MCAT score and subject portion of your app. You'll have to work your butt off to turn things around, and you'll need to get started as soon as possible. Start working on your extracurriculars, too.

it would actually be 6 semesters of at least 18 credits earning minimum of a 3.8 and then 2 semesters of summer classes at about 9 credits each...i think thatd be like 114 credits remaining..would that still be only a 3.35?

and what would be considered a great MCAT? like at least a 33?