Do you think Kaplan QR prepares you for the real thing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tissy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm practicing the QR subject test from Kaplan. I find the word problems really hard! Do you think Kaplan QR prepares you for the real thing? :scared:

Members don't see this ad.

the word problems on QR is not that hard. At first when I look at it, I was like oh oh... but then when I began practicing... I think it's a great tool to learn word problems. Just keep on practicing and you'll be fine.

A little bit. Though the questions from Kaplan were a little harder. Just go over the Kaplan stuff and then get a book for Algebra (I got a 7th grade workbook) and just drill the problems.

The QR really isn't that hard. It's just trying to remember how to add without a calculator that is. :p

I thought Kaplan's QR is a bit more challenging than the real thing so if you practice with the Kaplan QR questions, then you'll be pleasantly surprised for the real thing~

Sorry I had big problems with the QR section on the DAT, which brought my entire average down. What study tools does SDN recommend for this? Are there certain books that are better than others for QR? What about trig?