Do you want a scholarship?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BushBaby

Nipplelina
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering (for those accepted or waitlisted) are you doing a scholarship search or applying to outside scholarship sources?

I know I will get more loans in my financial aid packet but I am searching for outside aid. I know about the military ones (air force...etc..), but I am more interested in money with no strings attached. Anyone have any good leads?

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Mellow - there was one for $5000 per year for each year of med school - the deadline is April 15th and the organization is Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR). Just do a search on google. There's also the NMF minority scholarship - up to $10,000per year - it's need-based. The deadline is I believe June 28th. There's some more that I wrote off for, and I'll let you know then....off the top of my head, one is Alpha Epsilon something something and it's for $4000/year. All of the above are for entering med school students...there's lots more but most are for 2nd years and up

just looked it up based on your advice.

<a href="http://www.dar.org" target="_blank">Daughters of the American Revolution</a>

<a href="http://www.dar.org/natsociety/forms.html" target="_blank">Scholarship info page (pdf)</a>

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey thanks guys for the info....I don't think I qualify for the DAR one though :(

I PM'ed you E'01.

He. I definitely don't qualify for the DAR...

about DAR in general:

Do you have a Revolutionary Patriot in your family tree? Membership in the Daughters of the American Revolution (DAR) honors and preserves the legacy of your Patriot ancestor. Over two hundred years ago, American Patriots fought and sacrificed for the freedoms we enjoy today. As a member of DAR, through participation in the Society?s various programs and activities, you can continue this legacy by actively supporting historic preservation, promotion of education, and patriotic endeavors. Click this link to see if you are eligible.

I don't know why I'm finding this so amusing.