This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

neuroace

MBBS VI
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I'm a 2nd year Med student doing a research paper on the topic of "Contemporary Management of atypical ECG readings", and am looking for others to cover the left over sections of the paper in return to getting their name on it. This is a trending topic in Cardiology as atypical findings (without relevant symptoms) are often being "treated", and ironically- since they're not serious findings, this can cause the patient [a lay man] to become worried; which DOES hurt their mental health.

SO- I plan to complete 7 sections by myself. Here are the remaining 4 sections, so please state which subtopic you'd like to be responsible for:

* * Types of atypical ECG recordings; Explain each one in a subtopic- include an image, what each one represents, the symptoms of that disease, relevant tests, validity of those tests- are they uneccessary [you will need to look through studies] ETC ETC ~This is quite a large subtopic so I have divided it into 2 peoples work

*Effect of thinking you're sick on the mind/health - neg placebo effect ETC : Again, involved reading through prev journals/studies. V fascinating neuro stuff.

*Discussion: Summary, Strengths and limitations, Comparison with existing literature, Implications for practice ETC

Be sure to complete a Notes section [where you define any key terms used] and ofcourse reference. PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU FAMILIARIZE YOURSELF WITH PUB MED CARDIOLOGY JOURNAL STRUCTURE AND WAY OF WRITING BEFORE COMMENCING.

Cheers for your input or any constructive criticism! :)

Members don't see this ad.

*Effect of thinking you're sick on the mind/health - neg placebo effect ETC : Again, involved reading through prev journals/studies. V fascinating neuro stuff.

I would like to cover that topic. Where is the article being published?

I would like to cover that topic. Where is the article being published?

Great to hear! Most likely the American Journal of EP. Will try for others, but we'll see.
Please do start writing it, and I will continue developing my part and recruiting others for the other sections. [Feel free to PM your email] :)