Doable Schedule?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HunnerJ

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
k

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
You're taking 4 very very basic courses. In dental school you'll be taking twice as many courses that are far more time-consuming.

k

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Dont infer from dentaldawg's statment that you should be taking crazy heavy loads. You need to ACE these classes, once your in Dschool you can do just okay and still graduate.
Do a load that keeps you busy but allows you to get the highest GPA possible (which should be at least fulltime). Once you figure out what you can handle and still do well continue do that throughout your UG.

GPA > course load.

GPA >>>> course load. Is this a hard schedule is what you ask, but all that matters is will I get all As with this schedule. You should realize that the f or d in precal you made had a significant impact on your GPA that will take many As to alleviate.

I'm guessing your a sophmore now, so you really need to focus 100% on your GPA. Calculate what you will be applying with if you make all As and if you make a B or two each semester to see where you might end up GPA wise.

btw the schedule you have posted looks rather not difficult. you said chem won't be bad, astronomy I can't imagine being that hard, and precal is not hard, you just have study it every day.

I'm scheduled to take:

Chem100, astronomy101, and precalculus, as well as a public health class this semester.

I'm not too worried about chem because its the most basic chem class, precalc is a retake.

I'd just like to know if astronomy is too difficult to add in/want to know how difficult the class is.

thanks!
Knock them out of the park. Spend whatever time is needed to ace precalc

thanks everyone! actually i'll be a freshman this year so more years to get the gpa up. i thought that the "college classes" i took in hs were cr/nc. clearly not, so i have a gpa hill to climb.