Doctor Bag for laboratory and smal animals ??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LeVeterinair

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello
I would like to know or to find some documents, link to web sites about the necessary used medical tools for smal and very smal animals (laboratory animals too).
I was realy wandering about a Hamster for my little brother.

Well! if the most bad action for a phycisian is to make an access injection for a baby in pediaty !

So what about us! an adult cat is just more difficult than a human baby. Baby cats?!!:idea:
And what about hamsters!!!

i would like to share this subject with vet sudents and doctors of SDN...i feel good in here :)

Danke

Members don't see this ad.

omg, is that english? Either I completely misread that, or it makes no sense to me. Can someone rewrite the question?

omg, is that english? Either I completely misread that, or it makes no sense to me. Can someone rewrite the question?

Hey man !
Don't blame me!

I study veterinary in French.
My language is the mazig. (berber)
My official language is Arabic.
My additional languages Deutsch, English(humble), Spanish(just love it)...

Excuse me ! :rolleyes:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey man !
Don't blame me!

I study veterinary in French.
My language is the mazig. (berber)
My official language is Arabic.
My additional languages Deutsch, English(humble), Spanish(just love it)...

Excuse me ! :rolleyes:

sryyy. maybe rewrite it in spanish so someone can translate? i dont think many people will be able to answer your question. just trying to help! i didnt mean to be rude before, i wasnt sure if it was me not understanding something vets would only know (im just prevet) or if it was the english.

I believe they're asking about veterinary surgical and exam tools for very small animals, such as rodents or kittens.

They mention that human babies are small and have special things, and cats are even smaller than human babies, so man, kittens must be really small. So they must have special tools (like, whatever would be used to make an 'access injection' ?)

I have no idea the answer to the question, though.

oooooo ok. Yea i originally responded because i work with mice and i thought i may know the answer since it mentioned lab animals.
We order our tools from biotech websites. I'm not sure if the general public can order from the same places that we do though, or if you need to be part of an organization. I could find out if you're interested.

What types of tools do you need? I guess i'm a little worried why your little brother needs tools for a hamster. How young/old is he? Is the hamster sick? Sry i'm being nosey, but i have heard some horror stories with hamster abuse (one being some idiot who stuck one in the microwave :( makes me tear up every time i say it)

The tools are the same as other veterinary animals with a few exceptions. They use gavage needles for force-feeding. Blood draws are done sometimes under anesthesia because some methods require it. The major differences are where you draw blood from. Also, injections are given differently

I believe they're asking about veterinary surgical and exam tools for very small animals, such as rodents or kittens.

They mention that human babies are small and have special things, and cats are even smaller than human babies, so man, kittens must be really small. So they must have special tools (like, whatever would be used to make an 'access injection' ?)

I have no idea the answer to the question, though.

WOW !
This proves realy that you are a smart doctor.
A vet should read, understand animals just by a look. Animals don't talk just emotions. So a vet must be very very smart.
Vet doctor has big ability to make diagnostics and find solutions better than a physician.

You translated my message a 100%, this is realy what i would say.
Thank you.
Now i wish to have answers.