Does a LOR from a microbiology lab professor count as one from a science professor?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

s.cho18

New Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am a biology/philosophy major and have an LOR from two non-science teachers, a physician I worked with, my supervisor during my time as an RA, my A&P teacher, and my microbiology lab professor who I also worked with as a LA. It’s the last one I’m kind of worried about? I know schools require two LOR from science teachers and it seems like a dumb question but would the one from my micro lab teacher count for that? I wasn’t sure if it only pertained to lecture professors or if it depended on the individual schools.
 
What is the microbiology lab professor's title? That's what I generally look at (the title and the department below the signature) to determine if something is from a science teacher.
From her email and website, it said (PhD)
Supervisor of Laboratory Operations
General Microbiology- Division of Life Sciences
Office of Undergraduate Education
 
That's somewhat ambiguous. Not sure if that person has a faculty appointment or if they are a staff member in the office of undergraduate education, division of life sciences.

I was looking for something like Instructor, Department of Biology or Assistant Professor, Department of Chemistry,