Does anyone else feel like a waitlist machine?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

How many waitlists are you on?

• 0-1

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • 2-3

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • 4-5

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • 6+

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters

arikansas

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Zero accptances...five million rejections...five waitlists.

Anyone else feel like they are a waitlist machine?

Members don't see this ad.

waitlisted at my 2 top choices..................uuuuuuggggggggh. oh well, at least I'm in somewhere

8 waitlists :) feel the love.

Members don't see this ad :)
Not just a waitlist machine. A well oiled waitlist machine operating at the top of its game. Man, if I have to write another letter of interest/intent/asskissing, my fingers will fall off.

7-8...can't remember anymore. vroom vrooom

those of you with 6+ wlists, the odds are certainly in your favor that you'll get off one of them! good luck.

Say hello to my good friend Mr. Peptic Ulcer...

3 waitlists, one of which i'm going to be dropping.... I swear, this has to be the worst luck :(.... I feel like I must be a really terrible interviewee or something.... UGH!!! I'm so frustrated +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

5 Waitlists, including my top 2 choices. +pissed+

5 waitlists here....

I'm not really worried about it all though. The way I see it a few months of waiting is a drop in the bucket compared to nearly a decade of medical training...

You just have to wait it out and see what happens...

Hey guys,
when did you apply? Early june or late summer or fall. I am trying to see if this "apply early" theory works. Do you think you were waitlisted because you appplied late?

What are your statistics?

Thanks!

Originally posted by USbound
Hey guys,
when did you apply? Early june or late summer or fall. I am trying to see if this "apply early" theory works. Do you think you were waitlisted because you appplied late?

Thanks!

I applied and finished all of my secondaries by mid summer. On that note, I think the fact that I applied early saved me from outright post-secondary rejections, and gave me my interviews. I.e. it made the difference between possible acceptance through waitlist, and outright rejection (VR 8 is my weak spot on my application).

Originally posted by USbound
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Had my primary application out by July 1 and finished all of my secondaries by late July - early August.

My stats are pretty strong, so I don't think that this is my problem.

No I am not on any waitlists because I was rejected outright after two interviews and (luckily) accepted at my other two.

I would have liked a waitlist, my feelings were hurt by the immediate zing. :smuggrin:

after interviews at several schools i think i have it figured out why i've been waitlisted so much. if that blinking red light on the smoke detector in the kitchen is really a hidden camera covertly placed by "central adcom" (come on, you know it exists) then they have been secretly watching me eat grapefruits every now and then. i guess i wouldn't give an acceptance to me either, i absolutely maul them.

Cant remember how many I am actually on. I have had nine interviews and only one rejection, SO FAR (knock on wood). Hopefully one will work out. Best of luck to you all.

Went through waitlist city for both college and med school admissions. I don't like waitlists, so didn't bother waiting. :)

Is there any guarantee that because I got a waitlist letter that I am still under consideration? I think they just SAID I was on the waitlist so that I can suffer slowly rather than dying a clean swift death. They want to bask in my desperation.
Seriously though, are they looking at my file? Is there any way to know?

Originally posted by Kimmer
Is there any guarantee that because I got a waitlist letter that I am still under consideration? I think they just SAID I was on the waitlist so that I can suffer slowly rather than dying a clean swift death. They want bask in my desperation.
Seriously though, are they looking at my file? Is there any way to know?
No, and no. Two of mine are the 'alternate/hold' category which, supposedly, everyone who is not immediately accepted, receives. We won't know if we made the cut for the waitlist until late May/early June. Even then, IF we make the waitlist cut, we won't know where we are on it. However, if we do make the waitlist cut (I assume ? of us) then we have a good shot (~50% based on previous assumption) of making it in off the waitlist. (of course, this is all assumptions based on other's posts this year and previous)

How?s that for a waitlist ulser?

I guess you could try LOIs. Oh wait... you tried that already ;)

8 waitlists, 5 acceptances for me.... and half of the waitlists were at schools I would have seriously considered (i.e. NYU, Columbia, Cornell, Northwestern)... ah well what can you do

Sinai here I come!