• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Does anyone else feel like a waitlist machine?

How many waitlists are you on?

• 0-1

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • 2-3

Votes: 35 31.3%
  • 4-5

Votes: 29 25.9%
  • 6+

Votes: 19 17.0%

• Total voters
About the Ads

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2003
NYC
  1. Resident [Any Field]
3 waitlists, one of which i'm going to be dropping.... I swear, this has to be the worst luck :(.... I feel like I must be a really terrible interviewee or something.... UGH!!! I'm so frustrated +pissed+ +pissed+ +pissed+

bigbaubdi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2003
Baltimore
5 waitlists here....

I'm not really worried about it all though. The way I see it a few months of waiting is a drop in the bucket compared to nearly a decade of medical training...

You just have to wait it out and see what happens...

USbound

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 17, 2004
Hey guys,
when did you apply? Early june or late summer or fall. I am trying to see if this "apply early" theory works. Do you think you were waitlisted because you appplied late?

What are your statistics?

Thanks!

SaltySqueegee

El Rey de Salsa
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 10, 2003
www.studentdoctor.net
  1. MD/PhD Student
Originally posted by USbound
Hey guys,
when did you apply? Early june or late summer or fall. I am trying to see if this "apply early" theory works. Do you think you were waitlisted because you appplied late?

Thanks!

I applied and finished all of my secondaries by mid summer. On that note, I think the fact that I applied early saved me from outright post-secondary rejections, and gave me my interviews. I.e. it made the difference between possible acceptance through waitlist, and outright rejection (VR 8 is my weak spot on my application).

bigbaubdi

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 1, 2003
Baltimore
Originally posted by USbound
Hey guys,

Thanks!

Had my primary application out by July 1 and finished all of my secondaries by late July - early August.

My stats are pretty strong, so I don't think that this is my problem.

Paws

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 3, 2003
No I am not on any waitlists because I was rejected outright after two interviews and (luckily) accepted at my other two.

I would have liked a waitlist, my feelings were hurt by the immediate zing. :smuggrin:

ventulus18

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2004
California
  1. Attending Physician
after interviews at several schools i think i have it figured out why i've been waitlisted so much. if that blinking red light on the smoke detector in the kitchen is really a hidden camera covertly placed by "central adcom" (come on, you know it exists) then they have been secretly watching me eat grapefruits every now and then. i guess i wouldn't give an acceptance to me either, i absolutely maul them.

Kimmer

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 13, 2004
Montana - in spirit at least
  1. Medical Student
Is there any guarantee that because I got a waitlist letter that I am still under consideration? I think they just SAID I was on the waitlist so that I can suffer slowly rather than dying a clean swift death. They want to bask in my desperation.
Seriously though, are they looking at my file? Is there any way to know?

Mr Reddly

Snowglobe!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 14, 2004
Still trying
Originally posted by Kimmer
Is there any guarantee that because I got a waitlist letter that I am still under consideration? I think they just SAID I was on the waitlist so that I can suffer slowly rather than dying a clean swift death. They want bask in my desperation.
Seriously though, are they looking at my file? Is there any way to know?
No, and no. Two of mine are the 'alternate/hold' category which, supposedly, everyone who is not immediately accepted, receives. We won't know if we made the cut for the waitlist until late May/early June. Even then, IF we make the waitlist cut, we won't know where we are on it. However, if we do make the waitlist cut (I assume ? of us) then we have a good shot (~50% based on previous assumption) of making it in off the waitlist. (of course, this is all assumptions based on other's posts this year and previous)

How?s that for a waitlist ulser?

I guess you could try LOIs. Oh wait... you tried that already ;)

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.