Does anyone enjoy studying for MCAT?? cause I do

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

libraryismyhome

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This would sound really strange to a lot of people, but I honestly enjoy studying for MCAT. Studying allows me to review things I struggled to learn during previous premed years and now it seems to me as a fond memory.

Doing practice questions is the most enjoyable part. Somehow doing them stimulates some part of my brain, and I really enjoy this sensation. I had a similar sensation while taking physics and physical chemistry, I loved them so much, did every question on the back and absolutely loved midterm exams. There is a reason why some nerds love Rubik's cube. They love to use some part of their brain consistently.

I disliked biology cause I hate memorizing, but MCAT bio questions don't require much memorization and are like the questions from physics tests. I wish that medical school biology classes are more like this.

Members don't see this ad.

I actually feel the same " I honestly enjoy studying for MCAT. Studying allows me to review things I struggled to learn during previous premed years and now it seems to me as a fond memory" This excatly me and not only that I also learned how to be patient and my study habit changed from memorizing to critical thinking which I love. But, the only problem for me is the verbal every time i try to do some practice i feel some one bushing me away. I think u r a biochem major right?? I was,and i took the biophysical chemistry that one was the best class ever i loved it for the same reason.

This would sound really strange to a lot of people, but I honestly enjoy studying for MCAT. Studying allows me to review things I struggled to learn during previous premed years and now it seems to me as a fond memory.

Doing practice questions is the most enjoyable part. Somehow doing them stimulates some part of my brain, and I really enjoy this sensation. I had a similar sensation while taking physics and physical chemistry, I loved them so much, did every question on the back and absolutely loved midterm exams. There is a reason why some nerds love Rubik's cube. They love to use some part of their brain consistently.

I disliked biology cause I hate memorizing, but MCAT bio questions don't require much memorization and are like the questions from physics tests. I wish that medical school biology classes are more like this.

I actually feel the same " I honestly enjoy studying for MCAT. Studying allows me to review things I struggled to learn during previous premed years and now it seems to me as a fond memory" This excatly me and not only that I also learned how to be patient and my study habit changed from memorizing to critical thinking which I love. But, the only problem for me is the verbal every time i try to do some practice i feel some one bushing me away. I think u r a biochem major right?? I was,and i took the biophysical chemistry that one was the best class ever i loved it for the same reason.

:scared: and :eek: and:barf:also: :wow:

You guys are better people than me!

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea I do, because honestly it is all basic science, which anybody calling themselves a scientist MUST know. I want to know all of this science like the back of my hand, not just because i want to do good on the mcat, but also because I have spent my whole undergraduate career going over all of these concepts.

the only problem for me is the verbal every time i try to do some practice i feel some one bushing me away. I think u r a biochem major right?? I was,and i took the biophysical chemistry that one was the best class ever i loved it for the same reason.

This is exactly me. I am struggling in verbal and am a biochem major. I am currently taking physical biochemistry and I love it! :D

" I am struggling in verbal and am a biochem major. I am currently taking physical biochemistry and I love it! "

you must be kidding :laugh:.

I HATED they actual studying its just so boring, but I did enjoy taking practice tests (and even the real thing to be honest) it gives me an adrenaline rush similar to playing an exciting video game or something

The actual act of sitting down and studying is kinda "meh" for me, but I definitely enjoy the feeling I get after a hard 6 hours study session. You stand up, look at the 12 pages of notes and realize everything you just learned... mmm that's a good feeling.

Likewise, if I just can't focus or something and cut my studying early, I will feel like crap for the next few hours. My subconscious is punishing me, hehe