Does anyone have thoughts about TPR 486?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed315U

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just took TPR 486. Does anyone have the conversion scale, and have people found it more, less, or equal difficulty to the real thing?

Thank you!! :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah 485 and 486 are easier than the rest of the 480 series...they were for people who were retaking the course and needed a confidence builder...use the amcas released ones they are probablythe *closest* to the real thing (I liked the A-D series)

Are you serious? Because I understand A-D are much harder than the real thing.

Please give me honest thoughts everyone!!! Please respond.

Thanks. :clap:

Premed,

I would go ahead and use the MCAT III scale given that the 480 series exams were made during that time (from what I've heard at the PR). I believe the A-D exams also use the MCAT III scale, but they inform you to use caution when grading the sciences since those exams have much more difficult science question than the real MCAT. In any case, the 480 exams are pretty good, but the published AAMC Diagnostic Exams are MUCH BETTER indicators on what to expect on the real exam. Good luck with the MCAT in a couple of weeks.