Does anyone know....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TweetyPie

`
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I got the distinct impression that nothing before third year made any kind of impact on anything. If you've done well, it should reflect in your Step 1 scores, which are taken as a kind of summary of the classroom years.

Members don't see this ad :)
Absolutely not. They DO ask if you honored surgery clerkship and your sub-I's. For example, I got an HP in surgery pretty much because of a conflict with someone that reflected in my eval. Whenever an interviewer would ask about it, I would artfully change the subject to the several Hs I got in my fourth year surgery rotations....

Hope that helps!

While they see your first 2 years grades, i don't think that a lot of emphasis is placed on them (again Step 1 might be the cause). Also remember that most anatomy classes are taught by PhD's. Surgeon's care more about what other surgeons care about you more than they care about what other MD's or PhD's care about you.

Just my 2 cents

Originally posted by aboo-ali-sina
While they see your first 2 years grades, i don't think that a lot of emphasis is placed on them (again Step 1 might be the cause). Also remember that most anatomy classes are taught by PhD's. Surgeon's care more about what other surgeons care about you more than they care about what other MD's or PhD's care about you.

I think this is a very good point.