Does Difficulty of Course Load have any Value with Admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Nagafoo

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently taking Organic chemistry Lec/Lab, Cell Bio Lec/Lab, Anatomy&Physiology Lec/Lab at the same time. Of course I might do a little bit better in each one if I stayed in school longer to spread these out over more semesters, but as long as I do well in all of them will this help show my ability to balance multiple, difficult courses at once?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I am currently taking Organic chemistry Lec/Lab, Cell Bio Lec/Lab, Anatomy&Physiology Lec/Lab at the same time. Of course I might do a little bit better in each one if I stayed in school longer to spread these out over more semesters, but as long as I do well in all of them will this help show my ability to balance multiple, difficult courses at once?
It really depends. In my case it mattered. I had been out of school for several years so they wanted me to do a full time semester to prove I could handle the course load. I took OChem II, Microbiology, and human anatomy, all with labs. However, if I had been a full time student for a year or two already then no it doesn’t matter.