Does Difficulty of Course Load have any Value with Admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Nagafoo

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently taking Organic chemistry Lec/Lab, Cell Bio Lec/Lab, Anatomy&Physiology Lec/Lab at the same time. Of course I might do a little bit better in each one if I stayed in school longer to spread these out over more semesters, but as long as I do well in all of them will this help show my ability to balance multiple, difficult courses at once?

Members don't see this ad.

no, they only care if you stay at a motel 6.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
yes they like harder course loads.

Reactions: 1 users
gpa matter more

Reactions: 1 user
I think a higher GPA trumps a heavy course. Ideally, you'd maintain a high GPA with a heavy course load, but this isn't always feasible.

Reactions: 2 users
They don't care. No need to kill yourself while others breeze past you with a 8 credit courseload

I thought they look at "academic context" which basically means if you took a full course load of 5 courses or not?

I am currently taking Organic chemistry Lec/Lab, Cell Bio Lec/Lab, Anatomy&Physiology Lec/Lab at the same time. Of course I might do a little bit better in each one if I stayed in school longer to spread these out over more semesters, but as long as I do well in all of them will this help show my ability to balance multiple, difficult courses at once?
It really depends. In my case it mattered. I had been out of school for several years so they wanted me to do a full time semester to prove I could handle the course load. I took OChem II, Microbiology, and human anatomy, all with labs. However, if I had been a full time student for a year or two already then no it doesn’t matter.