does doing MKSAP 14 helps?

mission2008

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
  1. Medical Student
    hi, i want to do MKSAP 14 for step 2 & 3. does it help . i know it is for internal medicine boards, but i saw the concepts are repeated in UW step2 . many of the concepts are clearly written in this than kaplan step 2 book. as step2 mostly consists of internal medicine i want to read it . any one please advise me regarding this.

lord_jeebus

和魂洋才
    Moderator Emeritus
    15+ Year Member
    Jul 12, 2003
    GMT+9
    1. Attending Physician
      i think even though it takes a bit time initially it might be useful for step 3. i think there are no special books for step 3. can you please correlate its usefulness to step 3. it is the only reason why i am tempted to do MKSAP.

Are you in a situation where your Step 3 score matters? There's not much out there for it (although there is still USMLEWorld, First Aid, Crush, etc.) because most of us are just looking to pass.

About the Ads

mission2008

10+ Year Member
      Sep 20, 2007
      1. Medical Student
        Are you in a situation where your Step 3 score matters? There's not much out there for it (although there is still USMLEWorld, First Aid, Crush, etc.) because most of us are just looking to pass.

ya , i am an international graduate. scores do matter a lot for me. my step 1 score is 95. i want to do well in step 2 AND 3 so want to take a chance an read MKSAP. i am getting low scores in UW, managed only 55% of the 300 bits i did. very depressed

This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
        2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
        5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
        6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
        7. This thread is locked.