mission2008

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Status
Medical Student
hi, i want to do MKSAP 14 for step 2 & 3. does it help . i know it is for internal medicine boards, but i saw the concepts are repeated in UW step2 . many of the concepts are clearly written in this than kaplan step 2 book. as step2 mostly consists of internal medicine i want to read it . any one please advise me regarding this.

OP
M

mission2008

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Status
Medical Student
It's probably overkill.

i think even though it takes a bit time initially it might be useful for step 3. i think there are no special books for step 3. can you please correlate its usefulness to step 3. it is the only reason why i am tempted to do MKSAP.

lord_jeebus

和魂洋才
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2003
GMT+9
Status
Attending Physician
i think even though it takes a bit time initially it might be useful for step 3. i think there are no special books for step 3. can you please correlate its usefulness to step 3. it is the only reason why i am tempted to do MKSAP.
Are you in a situation where your Step 3 score matters? There's not much out there for it (although there is still USMLEWorld, First Aid, Crush, etc.) because most of us are just looking to pass.

OP
M

mission2008

10+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2007
Status
Medical Student
Are you in a situation where your Step 3 score matters? There's not much out there for it (although there is still USMLEWorld, First Aid, Crush, etc.) because most of us are just looking to pass.
ya , i am an international graduate. scores do matter a lot for me. my step 1 score is 95. i want to do well in step 2 AND 3 so want to take a chance an read MKSAP. i am getting low scores in UW, managed only 55% of the 300 bits i did. very depressed

lord_jeebus

和魂洋才
15+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2003
GMT+9
Status
Attending Physician
What was your breakdown by subject?

A lot of the tests are IM but the majority is still other subjects. You might benefit more from a broad overview of all subjects than a focus on Medicine minutia that are likely to be beyond the scope of Steps 2 and 3.