Does good grades give better paid jobs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

FantasyLand

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have a 94.6 average and I'm probably going to go to UW Optometry. I wanted to work in Toronto and if I graduate at the top of my class, would that increase my starting pay? Should I work really hard during the program as I am now?
 
I have a 94.6 average and I'm probably going to go to UW Optometry. I wanted to work in Toronto and if I graduate at the top of my class, would that increase my starting pay? Should I work really hard during the program as I am now?
That I'm aware of no one cares about your grades. In undergrad none of my employers cared to ask about my grades and every doctor I speak to say their patients don't care about the grades, university or optometry school they graduated from. Very few patients ask and care about grades or school as long as you provide good patient care.