Does having a later PT Interview date hurt chances for acceptance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Khariwa

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had to reschedule two of my interviews to january instead of november due to having football games i had to attend and Finals week. Does this normally hurt the acceptance process? One school said most likely not as long as the interview is not in March but i just hope she wasnt trying to make me feel better. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on the school. Some schools break up acceptances others over accept students knowing students will decline. Schools also change practices. The good news is they would not be having interviews if they did not have openings. You'll interview better after decompressing from the football bubble anyways...

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends on the school. Some schools break up acceptances others over accept students knowing students will decline. Schools also change practices. The good news is they would not be having interviews if they did not have openings. You'll interview better after decompressing from the football bubble anyways...
You're right thanks a lot for the reply!

Some schools yes, some no.
If it is rolling admissions (they do some interviews, accept some, then interview more) then I think it is safe to assume that you're interview group has less potential openings to fill. If not (for example my program does one in dec/ one in Jan, then accepts people from both interviews after the Jan one) then no.

But more importantly, don't worry so much about doing the math about chances, just focus on interviewing well, that's more important for your chances.