Charles English

faithless, the wonderboy
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Apr 3, 2008
Status
Medical Student
whose math requirements?

they certainly do not satisfy my math requirements. Your question is exceedingly vague.

rHinO1

Grindin' Until I'm Tired
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2009
California
Status
Pre-Medical
introductory stats is ok for the stats requirement, but for many schools you need calc also.

Jan 5, 2010
Status
Pre-Medical
The safest bet is to take a semester of stats, and 1 of calc. Basically all medical schools want a year of college math ( which stats certainly is). Also, some schools specifically ask for stats, so taking it is a good idea. The only schools that want a year of calc is harvard, and JHU ( might be wrong about JHU) and at most one or two others.

Jul 25, 2010
www.facebook.com
Status
Pre-Medical
http://www.cse.emory.edu/sciencenet/additional_math_reqs.pdf

This is from a while ago, but it is still the same for most schools.

Some have changed. For example, beginning next cycle, UW SOM will require 2 quarters of calculus.

It's generally a good idea to take at least a quarter of stats (intro) and a quarter of calc, from what I've seen/heard.

wanderer

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2008
Status
Medical Student
It's generally a good idea to take at least a quarter of stats (intro) and a quarter of calc, from what I've seen/heard.
Yea, plus you never know how some random school would look at your app if you have yet to take the course, so you might as well take it early. Also stats can be of use at various times.