does introductory to stats satisfy the math requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ozzi22

it's over 9000
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
does it?

Members don't see this ad.

whose math requirements?

they certainly do not satisfy my math requirements. Your question is exceedingly vague.

introductory stats is ok for the stats requirement, but for many schools you need calc also.

Members don't see this ad :)
The safest bet is to take a semester of stats, and 1 of calc. Basically all medical schools want a year of college math ( which stats certainly is). Also, some schools specifically ask for stats, so taking it is a good idea. The only schools that want a year of calc is harvard, and JHU ( might be wrong about JHU) and at most one or two others.

http://www.cse.emory.edu/sciencenet/additional_math_reqs.pdf

This is from a while ago, but it is still the same for most schools.

Some have changed. For example, beginning next cycle, UW SOM will require 2 quarters of calculus.

It's generally a good idea to take at least a quarter of stats (intro) and a quarter of calc, from what I've seen/heard.

It's generally a good idea to take at least a quarter of stats (intro) and a quarter of calc, from what I've seen/heard.
Yea, plus you never know how some random school would look at your app if you have yet to take the course, so you might as well take it early. Also stats can be of use at various times.