I've worked for Rite-Aid for 3 years now. I've worked on their previous system (RADS) and was a "life guard" for when they first implemented NextGen. NextGen sacrifices some speed for accuracy. You can do multiple orders and multitask much better with it. I do other things like pull the drug when it's processing the order so I can verify that I pulled the right drug with the scanner. Once you get the hang of it, you can enter prescriptions really fast.
I also work part time at a hospital which uses an antiquated pharmacy system. I'm also currently doing a Target rotation and have been on rotations at Wal-Mart and Neighborcare. RiteAid's NextGen system is by far the best of the ones I've worked with. So many things about it that I take for granted when working at the other systems makes me miss NextGen -- WIMO, status check, quick price look up, multitasking, easy to view customer profile, deferred list, etc.