Does senoritis just "go away?"

gasbait

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I turned in my college application last week, and now I just dont have the motivation to do anything!

Did it change for you once you entered college? I admit the coursework of a premed seems...intimidating.

Members don't see this ad.

The coursework in college is what you want to study (for the most part), so I would say yes, it does go away.

Members don't see this ad :)
Oh no's :eek:, I still have yet to go through senioritis next year. How bad is it? I would imagine that it goes away once you start college.

Eh...It goes away to an extent.

If you look at undergrad like I do it won't totally go away....

I just look at undergrad like a stepping stone.
I don't care about 95% of what I will do here. I just need to work the system the best I can to not lose my mind, get a good GPA, and get into dental school.

Same for med school or whatever.

yeahh i mean once i knew where i was going to school i just wanted to get out of high school. I mean then your extremely anxious all summer to get to college but then it gets to be like a week or two before you leave for college and you realize that your pretty grown up and taking a huge step in your life and its overwhelming kind of, maybe for me because i moved decently far away from home. Best advice, College is awesome and is something to look forward too, but definitely enjoy your senior year of high school.
And yes senioritis is normal, nobody wants to do anything once they find out where theyve been accepted and are going to college in the fall, but it goes away because once your in college your not in high school anymore but it will stay with you all this year, it gets especially bad after spring break

I had senioritis pretty bad in high school, but it has completely stopped thus far in college. I did not see that much of a point to high school, especially senior year, so that is probably most of it. Good luck in college!

Once you graduate :D

I had little motivation my senior year of high school especially after I got accepted into my UG. My motivation decreased even further during the next semester and peaked slightly when I was studying for the AP Literature exam.

But once I got to college it all went away.

doesnt go away unless you seek professional help.

I turned in my college application last week, and now I just dont have the motivation to do anything!

Did it change for you once you entered college? I admit the coursework of a premed seems...intimidating.

It goes away, until your a senior in college, then its like hs senioritis on steroids..

Eh...It goes away to an extent.

If you look at undergrad like I do it won't totally go away....

I just look at undergrad like a stepping stone.
I don't care about 95% of what I will do here. I just need to work the system the best I can to not lose my mind, get a good GPA, and get into dental school.

Same for med school or whatever.

undergrad will probably be the best time of your life. It will also play greatly into your development. I wouldnt just try to game the system.

TO the OP:
Yea it goes away once you step foot into college theres so much stuff goin on and its very different from what your used to so your senioritis goes away

bwahahahaha I laughed so hard when I look at the title of this thread. All I could think of was that the OP somehow turned into a mexican guy (senoritis)

It will go away, but it'll come back senior year at college too.. especially right after spring break and you know you only have like a month or so of classes left, finals, and then graduation :)

I graduated a semester early from high school. Senioritis started around...October 1st haha but once I began college classes the next semester I was really focused and dedicated because in my opinion, college classes are more interesting than high school ones. If it's really hit you bad, just keep up with enough work to pass the classes with an A or B. Then kick it back into gear in college

It goes away... then comes back again once you get your acceptance to med school or wherever you want to go next. Senior year of college was essentially a year long vacation, as was senior year of high school.

I think I have 2nd year med student-itis. Goes away? :scared:

I think I have 2nd year med student-itis. Goes away? :scared:

I have it too, and I hope it goes away! I did really well on my first set of exams in September, but I'm in an exam week right now and things... are not going as well. Probably has something to do with my avoidance of the material for the last month.

High school senioritis is nothing compared to college senioritis, and neither one is but a pale shadow to the kind of senioritis that kicks in during that last schedule-padding elective in May of your 4th year of med school.