Does the Crack DAT PAT resemble the real PAT exam?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mamma dentist

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just wanted to know from people who have taken the exam already if the Crack DAT PAT( i have the Ace version) is comparable to the real deal. If not, was it easier than the real thing? Would really appreciate input. Taking the DAT soon.
:)

Members don't see this ad.

Is the format of the real DAT Test similar to the PAT of CDP? Like, shaded blue cubes, hole-punching both whole and semi-circles, etc.? Also, is it possible to eliminate answer choices on the computer during the test?

Thank you! ;)

for the most part yes.

Angles I thought were same. except they sometimes had 1 short leg 1 long leg. cdp all the same length.

cube counting is vastly easier. Zero illusions.

on hole punching. they tell you 1st fold, 2nd fold etc.

what is different is that on the actual test the images are much larger and centered all except for hole punching. it is the same size.

I haven't downloaded updates so i don't know if much as changed. in the past two months. I emailed them suggested about making it more liek teh actual but dunno if they took that into consideration.

Crack PAT is everything you need for the PAT. Just take all the tests, learn from your mistakes, and if you have time, take them over again. I took each test twice and really picked up on the little things they were trying to trick me with. The practice really paid off for the real thing for me too.

Members don't see this ad :)
If I remember correctly, the cubes for CDP were colored and shaded. Is it like that on the real DAT, or is it just black and white? Also, does the real DAT have hole-punching questions where only half of a hole is punched (if that makes any sense...)?

Thank you so much!

If I remember correctly, the cubes for CDP were colored and shaded. Is it like that on the real DAT, or is it just black and white? Also, does the real DAT have hole-punching questions where only half of a hole is punched (if that makes any sense...)?

Thank you so much!

the cubes are not shaded. only time its shaded on cdp if you do extra practice. in any case its unshaded cubes on test.

you DO NOT get only half a hole punch when completely unfolded.

they can for instance make a half hole punch but when unfolded is a complete whole.

i found the real PAT more difficult than CDP. on CDP, i was consistently getting 21-23 towards the later exams (the 10 test version), but on the real thing i got a 20. TFE was definitely tougher on the real thing. it more resembled DAT achiever's TFE, which is redonk for the most part. angles are harder than CDP.. i swear i was only absolutely sure of the angle order for like 3 of the 15 problems. and then hole punching, which i heard on here was way easier on the real thing, was actually harder!! i usually get 14-15 on CDP for these. on the real deal, there were a couple folds that i just could not figure out how they got it to fold that way, so that screwed me up, which made me kinda screw up cubes cus i was short on time, which left me with 6 minutes to do the entire pattern folding section (which was actually the easiest section believe it or not.. thank god). for the most part, id say CDP is the best resource to study for the PAT, but expect to see things that are more difficult (especially on the TFE section).

i think crack the dat is amazing for PAT cause I just did their tests and practice problems and ended getting a 29 !!!

Crack the dat for PAT is very similar to the dat except that the legs of the angles are different lengths on the real thing while crack has them all the same length, plus the cube counting has fewer cubes on the real dat (although I did encounter quite a few phantom cubes)

Wow, 29 on PAT is amazing! :thumbup:

I think the angle's legs for CDP's newest version has different lengths so that should be good prep. material. When you do the angle section, do you recommend looking at the answer choices first or what was your method? Also, for the cube-counting part, several books say it's best to write down how many sides are painted for ALL the cubes before tackling the questions... but how many questions are there per 'cube-image'? Is it like 3 questions for every cube-image, like the CDP?

Thanks in advance! :D

For the angle section I would recommend deciding on the order b4 looking at the answer choices cause they can cause you to second guess ur self, but if your totally not sure of the order, u could glance at the answers cause sometimes all of the answer choices have the same smallest and/or largest angle, basically providing part of the answer for you.
For cube counting i wrote 0,1,2,3,4,5 (for # of sides) on my erase board and tallied all the cubes up b4 answering the questions, in practice tests this method got me 100% accuracy on the cube counting section everytime, so trust me, it works. For my dat there were 3 questions per cube image.

good luck!!!