Does the school you go to affect your acceptance chances?

dramaQueen16

Live & Laugh ♥
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the near future I would like to attend Pharmacy school but I was just curious as to what school I go to, for Pre-Pharmacy, affects my chances of being accepted into a Pharmacy program. Is it all about the grades or does the schools name play a role?

For example, I would like to go to UBC in Vancouver for Pharmacy and I was thinking of attending SFU in Surrey for my Pre-Pharmacy courses. Since SFU is a great university to attend in BC would it be better to go there for my first couple of years or would it be exactly the same as me going somewhere smaller and less recognized?

Normally the smaller, unrecognized schools have easier admission requirements so I'm just curious. Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

You should check out

http://www.premed101.com/forums/

And good luck on your Gov exams

Last year, Bio 12 was really hard and they asked many questions about circulatory/respiratory system.. It brought my grade down to a B.. I had like 85%.

I think UBC, SFU, Uvic mainly look at your Gov exams results.

I think UBC, SFU, Uvic mainly look at your Gov exams results.

Are you serious? :(
I sure hope not! Thanks for the heads up though - I'm more worried about Math than Biology though..:scared: I thought that government exams weren't even counted if they affected your grade and that you could choose to take them? Not sure though..

Members don't see this ad :)
Are you serious? :(
I sure hope not! Thanks for the heads up though - I'm more worried about Math than Biology though..:scared: I thought that government exams weren't even counted if they affected your grade and that you could choose to take them? Not sure though..

Not all gov exams are mandatory. Some of them are Social Studies 11 and English 12 and other stuff too. But yeah... you need to take the gov exams to get scholarship. I remember you get 1000 bucks from UBC if score an 90%+ or something like that..

http://www.bced.gov.bc.ca/exams/search/

Oh, yup. Social Studies 11 and English 12 are the only mandatory government exams for 11/12 I believe.