Does the year of the books matter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrBOshkosh26

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am about to buy the EK prep books. I couldn't find anything on here about it. I am looking at the Exam Krackers Complete Study Package. I could buy the 6th edition for $75 cheaper than the new 7th edition, is it worth it to buy the new one?

I have a great advisor who said, "I know that textbook companies take advantage of students regularly by changing pictures here and there in a textbook, then say "here is the new edition, you can't use last year's any more, ha ha all the way to the bank"... maybe ExamKrackers does the same thing, maybe not." Is this the case?

Can someone PLEASE help me out?
Bob

Members don't see this ad.

I used the 3rd edition when i studied for the january mcat. It worked fine for 90% of the review. About 5% was covered in Kaplan review books and not in EK, whilethe remaining 5% was in neither. So I think the most impt thing is to buy multiple used sources (as long as they arent too old-earlier than 02-03 I think).

I have heard one thing that might differ from what you said. One girl recommended if I had the money, which I would just use student loans for :p , to buy the most recent edition. Her reasoning was it might be more geared toward the new computer-based exam. Anyone have comments on this? I would greatly appreciate the advice!

Thanks a lot for the help!
Newbie Bob :D