Medical Does this count as an IA for medical school applications?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goro

Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi! Long story short, fall of my freshman year of college (2017) I was out with friends and drank way too much. On my home, I was stopped (not by an RA, but by a university police officer) and was required to go to the hospital. He didn't charge me, I didn't get in any trouble with him, he just called an ambulance for me. However, about a month later, a dean reached out to me and wanted to meet. I met with the dean and, if I recall correctly, he said that I wasn't in any trouble but that I was recommended to do an anonymous alcohol/wellness program. I have no idea if this counts and I don't think that it is on my record (I did just email and ask, but haven't heard back because that was 5 minutes ago). I'm really nervous about how this could impact my chances of getting into med school and I'm so ashamed and embarrassed that this happened. It has been 3 years (I'm a senior now) and I honestly haven't thought about the incident since then and never thought anything of it. It's honestly humorous because I really don't like drinking and I think it has something to do with that incident. I have no idea if this counts as an IA and if it does, I will report it, but I'm hopefully it doesn't.
This sounds like something that was handled through back channels and nothing formal. It does not sound like an IA.
But just to be sure, double check with your registrar to see if there's anything in your record.

Members don't see this ad.

Status
Not open for further replies.