Medical Does this count as shadowing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MusicDOc124

Staff member
Volunteer Staff
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had the rare opportunity to sit down with a DO physician, general practitioner, in my city and have a conversation with him for 2 hours about osteopathic medicine, general practice, etc. Due to COVID I can't "shadow" him while he is with patients but he wants to meet one more time and write me a LOR.

How would I categorize this under the the Works and Experiences section? I dont know of this fits under the "Shadow" umbrella as I didn't observe him treating patients, but I did learn a great deal from him about medicine.

That doesn't fit under anything, and no it is not shadowing.

Unfortunately COVID has affected many things. And while that discussion may have benefited you and/or enlightened you, it is not an "experience" per se, nor is it shadowing or clinical.

Members don't see this ad.

If you are applying to DO schools, you may get a little more slack in your characterization. To me it is a conversation or information interview, not shadowing. That said I think I saw that AACOM is hosting some virtual conversations with DOs for applicants and prospects, so you may not need to panic as much.

Status
Not open for further replies.