Does this put me at a disadvantage?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

laundry

Sponsor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I went to college a year early (skipped 8th grade) to where I don't turn 21 until my last semester of senior year. You think the selection com. is gonna look at me as a kid and think that I have all the life ahead of me and can just reapply? I have a 4.0, taking DAT in a month (looking at 20-22), and a CV better than any finishing grad student (trust me on that one). So, you think my age will matter?

cheers

Members don't see this ad.

If your age mattered...would you be able to do anything about it?

and no, your age won't matter. There are a pair of 19 year olds attending dental school with me in a month. I've even heard of 18 year old attending dental school.

If you don't act like an idiot at the itnerviews...you'll be fine.

No your age does not matter...its your stats that matter!

Members don't see this ad :)
I went to college a year early (skipped 8th grade) to where I don't turn 21 until my last semester of senior year. You think the selection com. is gonna look at me as a kid and think that I have all the life ahead of me and can just reapply? I have a 4.0, taking DAT in a month (looking at 20-22), and a CV better than any finishing grad student (trust me on that one). So, you think my age will matter?

Generally speaking, whenever I see threads starting with "does this put me at a disadvantage?" type of question, my automatic answer is yes, and 99.9% of the time I am right.

In your case, I would say "no." You're fine. Good luck applying! :luck: :thumbup:

Generally speaking, whenever I see threads starting with "does this put me at a disadvantage?" type of question, my automatic answer is yes, and 99.9% of the time I am right.

In your case, I would say "no." You're fine. Good luck applying! :luck: :thumbup:

gee, i wish my DAT is gonna be in that same percentile :laugh:

as long as you are a better applicant people older than you than you will get in faster. age does not matter. this guy from my school got in when he was 19!!!!!!

I agree. GPA and DAT are the two things that matter most. The interview is your opportunity lose your acceptance due to a misstep. The years of CC coursework, ECs, LORs are a way to help admissions people verify what they already decided. But, I've never really been a fan of the whole application process.

Age does not matter, but maturity level does.