Does this sound too good to be true?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Pkboi24

Don't laugh at my SN
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just got off a phone interview with a job supposedly offering $400k for 10 weeks of ICU a year (paired with 10 weeks off on a 7 on 7 off basis) and 26 weeks of M-F clinic. 6 weeks of vacation a year. That means I’m working 200 days a year. This is an employed position in a small community hospital that doesn’t have much in the way of advance procedures, no EBUS. The patient mix is lower income. The $400k is gauranteed first year but talking to the other docs there they say you can definitely make at least that or more the second year because clinic is all wRVU based and they pay ~$60 per wRVU. I don’t understand how they are able to do this with a patient mix that is low income and being located within 20 mins of a major city.

They’re going to fly me in for a visit in the near future so I’ll get more information at that time.

What do you guys think? Is this too good to be true or is this a run of the mill deal and I’m just not seasoned enough to recognize it?

Members don't see this ad.

ImageUploadedBySDN1539638238.547814.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile