sound physician critical care?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Soccer171983

living the dream
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
can anyone tell me a little bit about working with sound physicians? I am inquiring for a position at a hospital in las vegas that contracts through sound and am interested in learning a little bit more of the ins and outs! thanks for any advice.

Members don't see this ad.

can anyone tell me a little bit about working with sound physicians? I am inquiring for a position at a hospital in las vegas that contracts through sound and am interested in learning a little bit more of the ins and outs! thanks for any advice.

I am not a fan of any of these "staffing" companies. Better off being with a group or being employed directly by a hospital.

Reactions: 1 users
I am not a fan of any of these "staffing" companies. Better off being with a group or being employed directly by a hospital.

I'm in agreement. These large "staffing" companies are the same as ER ones that come by and eat up all the small companies and then promise hospital systems that they'll make more money while costing less all the while giving physicians no voice and kicking out the small businesses and real physician owned groups. It may be more complicated than that, but I can't imagine it being a good thing in the long run for us docs.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm in agreement. These large "staffing" companies are the same as ER ones that come by and eat up all the small companies and then promise hospital systems that they'll make more money while costing less all the while giving physicians no voice and kicking out the small businesses and real physician owned groups. It may be more complicated than that, but I can't imagine it being a good thing in the long run for us docs.

Adds an extra layer of crap between physician and hospital. Overall probably not a good thing for physicians in the long run.

Good thing is some health systems are buying these staffing companies. Best example: ICC (intensive care consortium) now part of HCA which is a large health system.

It absolutely isn't! Demand is so high why the hell is there even a need to bring a middle man in?

Last edited by a moderator: