does writing about sports injury for biggest challenge/obstacle sound silly?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drdoof11

Reaction score
does it come off as very trite/overdone to write about a sports injury, specifically an ACL tear? i know its very basic, and I know it happens to a lot of people but it was super impactful on me and definitely changed my trajectory. I think/hope i can write well about it but i just dont know if adcoms would prefer to see something more "deep"

Members don't see this ad.

Depends on what you gained from it
i was thinking of saying along the lines of i had to push myself extremely hard to recover, and it really taught me to "dig down" and put more effort into my physical therapy than i had ever put into anything else in my life. also, that i have begun playing soccer again (how i hurt it originally) even tho it is super scary for me

Members don't see this ad :)
does it come off as very trite/overdone to write about a sports injury, specifically an ACL tear? i know its very basic, and I know it happens to a lot of people but it was super impactful on me and definitely changed my trajectory. I think/hope i can write well about it but i just dont know if adcoms would prefer to see something more "deep"
It's a real injury! If you received it from, say a car accident or a simple fall, does that make it better? You're not supposed to be a cancer victim or have lost your home to a hurricane for the prompt, it could be anything.

Reactions: 1 user
i was thinking of saying along the lines of i had to push myself extremely hard to recover, and it really taught me to "dig down" and put more effort into my physical therapy than i had ever put into anything else in my life. also, that i have begun playing soccer again (how i hurt it originally) even tho it is super scary for me
Talk about your motivations for pushing yourself and why you wanted to push so hard. I wrote about sports injury and it came up a few times in interviews, but if the motivation behind why you worked so hard is selfish or spiteful, or something like that it wont play well.

Reactions: 1 user